What is Your Best Recipe?

I wasn't kidding when I referenced a Cookingbites Cookbook. I am seriously planning to scan each recipe and create a PDF cookbook.

There's no big rush for this, but I do want to do this. For those who can't pick a favorite recipe, I might just have to pick one from among your many excellent recipes. If that doesn't inspire you to pick one, then I don't know what will! :laugh:

I wasn't kidding when I referenced a Cookingbites Cookbook. I am seriously planning to scan each recipe and create a PDF cookbook.

There's no big rush for this, but I do want to do this. For those who can't pick a favorite recipe, I might just have to pick one from among your many excellent recipes. If that doesn't inspire you to pick one, then I don't know what will! :laugh:

The Late Night Gourmet you have had a brilliant idea about the CB Cooking Book, I really like it.
I hope CBers will join.
I also would like to add it to my blog as Cook Book by genuine household food lovers from all over the world

I really did think of a CB cookbook today! Without having read this thread! Awesome idea! I am too green to supply a recipe, but in case things turn around...I will be reading lots and lots of recipes here in the coming weeks, I just love reading recipes and watching cooking shows, which I rarely ever do now, but still...a cookbook would be lovelyyyy!:bravo:

I am too green to supply a recipe

No need to develop an elaborate magnum opus here. Even if it's a simple preparation that you like, that would be excellent. And, it will take time to pry recipes out of the veterans here, so no need to rush. :)

Can I start with everyone's fave here, chicken croquettes, I make a double batch and freeze they are that popular.

Chicken croquettes

[Mod.Edit. Recipe moved to new thread (MG)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Just be sure that, for recipes that were created by someone other than the person submitting the recipe, that proper credit is given. For example, if the recipe came from a cookbook, that should be clearly noted.

CD

I"ll give you 2 to pick from at your discretion since they came about in different ways and there's a scandal attached to one. I would pick the gnocchi as my favorite, but the Bayoubaise would be right behind it. Sorry to say, both are fairly pricey to make.

Gnocchi with jumbo lumb crab meat and truffle - Slightly modified from a Chef John Besh recipe. I'm actually glad you started this thread because I thought this recipe was in the cookbook of his I have and it's not. It's only on-line.

Bayoubaise - I did come up with this recipe myself after watching a TV show that showed it being made and served.

Like medtran49, I have two that I love and think are equally great but in different ways. They were both creations of mine for the recipe contests (I had other very good entries here and there but these two were particularly outstanding). Hmmm. I can cop out and let you pick, is that okay?

Recipe - Golden Masa Seafood Crepes with PEI Mussels and Lemon Butter Corn Crema

Recipe - Mini Sushi Bagels

I would pick the Golden Masa Seafood Crepes with PEI Mussels and Lemon Butter Corn Crema

Back
Top Bottom