What is your Christmas dinner menu?

rosacrux

Veteran
Local time
10:48 AM
My family is small, so out dinner is not too fancy. Baked beans, honey baked ham, potato salad, roasted turkey breast, chocolate cake and that's it.

I'm hoping that my family isn't doing the traditional holiday dinner. It was discussed over Thanksgiving that we were going to have a New Orleans styled feast since we'd just had holiday food. *crosses fingers*

Our Christmas dinner menu is always simple...sweet cooked ham and bread, chicken soup, fruit cocktail refrigerated cake and baked spaghetti and mango fruit shake. Our family during Christmas eve after eating is the traditional opening of gifts for each member of the family. Happy holidays!!!

vegan pate sandwiches and homemade Christmas cake with a mug of coffee/peppermint tea.

Edit: life turned out to be jam sandwiches and a mug of peppermint tea. We were out on a bike ride and it was too cold to stay long enough to eat the cake and my husband decided to follow my instructions literally too the letter when I said double everything except the beans (making the pate yesterday morning) and the result was too salty for me to go anywhere near. Given we have been married nearly 17 years and he knows I hate salt, I'm not sure why he decided to do this... especially since he had asked me to make a pate for Christmas day lunch :unsure:

Last edited:
I didn't know in advance as we are invited to a neighbour's for Christmas :wink:

12:00

Sparkling wine with Quiche Lorraine
Salmon and prawns
Civet de Biche (deer stew) and Turkey with Dauphinoise potatoes
3 Cheeses with green salad
Chocolate log, Lemon/lime tart with chocolate Christmas decoration (my contribution)
Coffee

19:00

Vegetable / noodle soup
Salmon and prawns
Civet de Biche (deer stew) and Turkey with Dauphinoise potatoes
3 Cheeses with green salad
White chocolate log, Chocolate log, the remaining 2 tarts

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Yes, I know it's the same thing twice, but it's done at every occasion and the reason is 'tradition'. beyond that I haven't been able to find out the reason why :scratchhead::scratchhead:

Needless to say, we won't be eating a lot today............

We went for a free range turkey crown, and Aberdeen Angus beef, plus I cooked a ham on Christmas Eve, because we love the cold meats for a few days after Christmas. We had a herb and onion stuffing , as well as a sausagemeat stuffing, roast potatoes and parsnips, steamed cauliflower, sprouts and leeks and Yorkshire pudding. We didn't bother with a starter, and although I heated a Christmas pudding, we couldn't manage it. It was all wonderful, even though I say it myself as shouldn't!

My mother in law does the Christmas dinner for the last few years. For some reason she was very lazy this year and make whole chicken. It felt like a Sunday dinner and not Christmas dinner. It wasn't the best Christmas one of the reasons was because I and half of the house was sick. Hoping new year will be better.

My husband served a 6 course meal.

1: 2 small chinese spoons each, one a fish dish and one a meat dish
2: an espresso cup of roasted red pepper soup
3: scallops on a bed of pea puree
4: roast fillet of beef, creamed potatoes, braised carrots and shallot puree with a red wine sauce
5: coconut creme brulee
6: cappuccino and chocolates

All courses we small but delicious, he loves cooking and is fab in the kitchen. I am one very spoilt bunny

Back
Top Bottom