What is your current "read"?

Finished this one
1612692028197.png

To start this one

1612692054761.png

There are four Jeeves and Wooster novels that I've not read, so I have ordered all four of them in one go today. That will complete the set. I haven't read all of the Blandings ones yet, so I'll have to work out which I've got and have a look for the others.

This book is supposed to be a guide to embracing the French concept of "art de vivre," the art of living.

If she tells me to stop eating from TV trays in the living room in my underpants, I might have to send it back. 😬

Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman.

He taught psychology at Harvard and was a scientific contributor to the New York Times for many years. He is one of the world’s most highly regarded consultants, according to his introduction.
The back cover of the book says: “ Why people hired on the basis of classic intelligence tests, turn out to be unfit for their job? Why does a very IQ not protect them from major failures?”
Daniel Goleman emphasises the importance of emotional components even in the rational functions of thought and explains why success or failure in the decisive areas of life are determined by a complex mixture in which factors such as self-control, perseverance and empathy play a predominant role.

This is the kind of reading I have always been appassionate about. I’ve just started to read it, I don’t know what to expect but it will be interesting to find out it.

View attachment 58270

Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman.

He taught psychology at Harvard and was a scientific contributor to the New York Times for many years. He is one of the world’s most highly regarded consultants, according to his introduction.
The back cover of the book says: “ Why people hired on the basis of classic intelligence tests, turn out to be unfit for their job? Why does a very IQ not protect them from major failures?”
Daniel Goleman emphasises the importance of emotional components even in the rational functions of thought and explains why success or failure in the decisive areas of life are determined by a complex mixture in which factors such as self-control, perseverance and empathy play a predominant role.

This is the kind of reading I have always been appassionate about. I’ve just started to read it, I don’t know what to expect but it will be interesting to find out it.
I love that book, really enlightening and some of the stories touched me very deeply.

Stir of Echoes, by Richard Matheson.

This was made into a film of the same name and starred Kathryn Erbe and Kevin Bacon sandwich.

Back onto Wodehouse after a heavy-duty history book. The collection of Jeeves and Wooster short stories I'm reading was written in 1925. The first appearance of the pair was in 1919 and the last in 1974. Fifty five years and none of the characters get any older.

Raven Black by Ann Cleeves.

Book 1 in the 'Shetland' series.

Made into a TV series called, you guessed it, Shetland. Starring Douglas Henshall.

Back
Top Bottom