What is your default font colour please?

Puggles

Veteran
Local time
8:25 AM
Can people tell me what their fonts are set to in their browsers because apparently mine are incorrect and I have to change them and I have absolutely no idea why they are/would be different than anyone else.

I'm going to leave the above post in the color that Puggles' default is, so we can see the issue first-hand. My font color always shows black.

I'm going to leave the above post in the color that Puggles' default is, so we can see the issue first-hand. My font color always shows black.
I just don't see the issue on my end. Everything looks perfectly fine and legible. Would you like me to pick a font color in these forums to help solve the problem? Like yellow or green?

I just don't see the issue on my end. Everything looks perfectly fine and legible. Would you like me to pick a font color in these forums to help solve the problem? Like yellow or green?
No, definitely don't pick yellow or green. That'll be worse. :)

SatNavSaysStraightOn & Morning Glory: Puggles sent this screenshot via PM:

1657218374855.png

I'm assuming this has something to do with being in dark mode...though now that I look more closely at your screenshot, Puggles, it does appear your font is in light grey, which would make sense for you, given your black background.

No, definitely don't pick yellow or green. That'll be worse. :)

SatNavSaysStraightOn & Morning Glory: Puggles sent this screenshot via PM:

View attachment 87443

I'm assuming this has something to do with being in dark mode...though now that I look more closely at your screenshot, Puggles, it does appear your font is in light grey, which would make sense for you, given your black background.
If you wish to continue using dark mode for all other web browsing, I'd suggest that you change web browser for posting on CB. Leave the new browser in light mode.

I'm not certain what the long term solution is to be honest. I'll have to look into it but light grey font on a almost white background is really difficult for some to read, myself included. I'll have a look into it, but I'm not certain how quickly I'll find a solution.

Mine's black font. How do you get dark mode?

Mine's black font. How do you get dark mode?
It's web browser specific, not a CB style and depending on your browser, it may be available automatically or as an extension that needs installing (just be careful because this particular one causes issues on forums by changing the font colour for absolutely everyone, target than just changing the view of the person using it. )

On my devices with the browser I use, I get something called night mode instead.

It's web browser specific, not a CB style and depending on your browser, it may be available automatically or as an extension that needs installing (just be careful because this particular one causes issues on forums by changing the font colour for absolutely everyone, target than just changing the view of the person using it. )

On my devices with the browser I use, I get something called night mode instead.
So if one person sees the font colour, then everyone else sees it.

So if one person sees the font colour, then everyone else sees it.
That was the problem we were having. The extension to the web browser was a dark background converting text to a light grey but when replying rather than reply in the default colour and converting the colour to light grey, it hard coded the text to light grey so even on a whitish background the text was light grey and hard to read for some (myself included) . Bluntly it is a badly written extension to a very common web browser. It should not affect what everyone anywhere in the world sees... kind of the equivalent of using size 45 font to reply with instead of using the zoom feature or a magnifier option on your device and letting everyone one else read at their normal font size.

We (CB) also don't encourage the use of non-standard colour because of those with eyesight issues. Not everyone can see all colours and it doesn't allow us to include everyone. Plus it didn't give a particularly good impression of someone writes in neon pink and someone else replies in yellow for example! Not really the 'professional' feel for the forum. We only left the text in the first post in the colour it was so the problem was visible in normal mode.

That was the problem we were having. The extension to the web browser was a dark background converting text to a light grey but when replying rather than reply in the default colour and converting the colour to light grey, it hard coded the text to light grey so even on a whitish background the text was light grey and hard to read for some (myself included) . Bluntly it is a badly written extension to a very common web browser. It should not affect what everyone anywhere in the world sees... kind of the equivalent of using size 45 font to reply with instead of using the zoom feature or a magnifier option on your device to see your own text larger and meeting everyone else remain as they were.

We (CB) also don't encourage the use of non-standard colour because of those with eyesight issues. Not everyone can see all colours and it doesn't allow us to include everyone. Plus it didn't give a particularly good impression of someone writes in neon pink and someone else replies in yellow for example! Not really the 'professional' feel for the forum. We only left the text in the first post in the colour it was so the problem was visible in normal mode.
Quite understandable. Lots of different colours would give some people an absolute headache.

Back
Top Bottom