What is Your Favorite Breakfast Food in a Hurry?

Akiyama

Veteran
Local time
7:38 PM
Hi guys,

Pretty sure you're aware that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but sometimes our schedules don't allow us the time to make a full one.

So my question is, when you're in a hurry, what are your favorite breakfast meals?

I always have bananas in the house, and I always have a few hard boiled eggs in the fridge, so if I'm in a hurry, it will be one of those things - or both, if I'm really hungry! One quick Spanish breakfast is tostada con tomate, which is basically grated tomato with olive oil spread on toast. If you already have the tomato in the fridge - and I usually do - it's a very quick, healthy and filling breakfast.

When I'm on the rush, a cup of quick instant coffee, and a sandwich is all my breakfast for the day, usually ham sandwich or scramble eggs sandwich.

I rarely have fruits at home, but I think that bananas and apples could be a good solutions to enrich such a quick breakfast.

One piece of hard boiled egg and a piece of fruit that is available at home either (apple, banana, mango or orange) will already do for me as my breakfast when I am in a hurry.

My breakfast on-the-go is usually a piece of fruit that I grab on the way out the door, normally an apple or a banana. If I have time to actually sit and eat breakfast, on the weekdays it's still something quick like a bowl of cereal or some oatmeal. On Sundays however if I manage to wake up early enough I'll make a "real" breakfast which usually consists of bacon or ham with eggs, hash browns and buttered whole wheat toast. One of my all-time favorite breakfasts however is my homemade corned beef hash. I haven't made some in a while and now I'm really craving some hash, I think I'll get some corned beef over the weekend, thanks for reminding me!

My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs with a mix of tomatoes, cheese and onions. Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 raw eggs
1/8 cup sliced onion
1/8 cup sliced tomato
Shredded cheese
Pepper/Salt
Butter

Preparation:
In a skillet, saute your onion and tomato in butter for one minute. Afterward, dump in your eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scramble this mixture with a wooden spoon until almost done. Then, add your cheese. Scramble this mix until the eggs are fluffy and cheese melted.

If you really are in a hurry then a fruit is the best way. Omelettes are also really fast and good but the problem is that if you plan on doing the dishes then the whole process will take a while.

I usually just eat a sandwich, though I can't say it's reserved for being in a hurry since to be honest... I can't remember the last time I was in a hurry in the morning.

Breakfast burritos. They only take minutes to cook, and it's really only one pan. I usually scramble some diced jalapeno, turkey sausage and eggs together. Then melt some cheese on the flour tortillas in the microwave, add the filling, roll them up and that's it.

Omelettes are another favorite, and they are even easier if you just put a lid on the pan and let the top steam while the bottom cooks. A medium/low flame works best for me.

My favorite breakfast food when I'm in a rush is an omelette filled with ham, cheese and tomatoes. I also add toast to it when I want feel really full. It doesn't take that long to make, and I can also eat it in the car on the way out.

One or two boiled eggs in the morning are my favorite. They are done in about 10 minutes maximum and you can have them with toast and a bit of cheese. They give you a lot or protein to face the day.

My quick grab of breakfast is a cup of tea and a cheese omelette. Of course, even omelette would do, if I am really in a rush.

I grab some greek yogurt and a fruit if I have to fly out the door. I can just eat the yogurt in the car or put the fruit in my bag and eat it on my break time. If I have some almonds then I throw those in a bag too. They help me feel full and the protein in the yogurt keeps me full longer.

Back
Top Bottom