What is your favorite cocktail and how do you make it?

Meerkat80

Veteran
Local time
6:36 PM
Cocktails are the best. I heard a tip (or rules) once from a local mixologist and since I've never mad any bad tasting cocktails.

1) Use something strong (alcohol) and something not (such as juice)
2) Something sour and something sweet.

If you mix for example a sour alcoholic beverage with a sweet non-alcoholic beverage, or even four different beverages making up the above four components you should always have a great tasting cocktail.
Happy mixing.

I love mudshakes. Although a lot of drinks like these are available at the supermarket or at the liquor store, it helps if you can just make one and it's easy to mix anyway. Since Bailey's cream is quite expensive I just use vanilla ice cream or mocha ice cream and add more kahlua and vodka. I use milk chocolate beverage blend it with ice. This is not the purist mudshake, but I really like mine this way.

I'm not much of a cocktail person, I'll usually stick to either non-alcoholic beverages or wine and beer. I love Margaritas, though! Those are my favorite drinks outside of the ones I mentioned, but I just use tequila, lime juice, salt and sugar. Sometimes a tiny bit of Tabasco sauce. I rarely make it myself, though. I will usually order at a pub or bar.

I love margaritas, but my new favorite drink is a Paloma. I just put some grapefruit juice, tequila, splash of club soda (more if you don't want the drink to taste too much like alcohol), and a bit of ice in a shaker, really good shake (I have found this step is crucial) and then it is ready to enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom