What is your favorite dish to have someone else cook?

Willie84

Veteran
Local time
5:43 AM
A friend of mine always brings me a bowl of their homemade chicken noodle soup. It is super yummy! I know I could just ask for the recipe, but I prefer the feeling of them making if for me. Anyone else?

Mac & cheese!

A friend of mine does it good!! She made some yesterday for dinner!! :hungry:

Kare-kare! I really love it when my mom makes this. It's her specialty. :D

I particularly love beef stew and chicken macaroni salad. Whenever there's a special occasion or our kitchen's sufficiently stuffed with ingredients, I make a request to my dad to cook beef stew and my mom to prepare a chicken macaroni salad. The former I enjoy as a viand while the latter I enjoy as dessert.

Pizza and burritos. For some reason, these don't taste as good to me when I prepare them myself. I like it more when someone else makes them or if I buy them from a restaurant. If I were to make my own, of course, I would still like to eat it, but it just tastes much better to me when someone else makes it for me.

I LOVE my boyfriend's lasagna. I don't know why because it's just a generic lasagna, but it's definitely one of my favorites :)

A friend of mine always brings me a bowl of their homemade chicken noodle soup. It is super yummy! I know I could just ask for the recipe, but I prefer the feeling of them making if for me. Anyone else?
My favorite thing to have someone else make is macaroni and hamburg. I know... the name isn't the greatest, but it's my grandmothers recipe and now my mom makes it. I love it more than anything and honestly think I could live on it. I have tried to make it myself, even with the recipe, but it never comes out the same. :)

So when my mom invites us over for dinner and asks us what we want her to make it's always the same answer!! :)

Miss my grandmother... very much. :)

Danyel :)

I cannot make a good pizza dough or any type of bread product, so I always prefer to just go to a good local pizza joint or get my bread from the nearby bakeries. Part of the problem is I often have trouble hunting down bread flour since many of our stores don't carry it for some strange reason. Also I do not have a stand mixer so it's harder for me to knead the bread as much as they knead it in their industrial strength mixers. I also don't have the other special equipment that they use such as proofing ovens or moisture controlled ovens, to get those deep brown crusts. My place is also usually too cold to get the dough to rise properly. I've tried the warm oven method as well as the overnight rise, and neither worked well at all for me.

I can also never seem to get my hot peppers in oil, or my sauteed escarole to come out as good as the restaurants do. I'm guessing they are putting a splash of wine in their greens or something, but the peppers in particular really have me stumped.

I like other people's fried chicken better than my own. I can never get the chicken that I make at home to turn out like the chicken from Popeye's or one of those other Southern fried chicken places, even if I use one of those copycat recipes from the internet.

I have a friend who is Japaneses and every time she comes over I try to talk her into making some curry. I tried to make it myself a few times, but hers always comes out tasting a whole lot better.

I always get asked to make my apricot and ginger cheesecake. If my mum cooks for me, then I like her roast dinners. My partner, I would choose his spicy meatballs and spaghetti. If I go out, I usually opt for a steak as it isn't something I can afford to cook for a family of six very often. My sister, I would choose for her not to cook me anything because her cooking is so appalling!

Back
Top Bottom