What Is Your Favorite Food To Eat When It Is Cold Outside?

car4cher

Veteran
Local time
1:29 AM
I know people have their favorite hot drinks they drink when it is cold like hot chocolate but what about favorite foods. For the last couple of days I have been craving chilli beans. I love to eat chilli beans when we have cold or even rainy weather. What are your favorite foods to eat when it is cold out?

Whenever the time is cold a large bowl of soup works wonder for me as it provides my body with all the needed warmth.

It would seem the automatic answer from everyone would be soup since it is so warming. However, for me it's more about not eating anything that would make me cold, lol. It's not usually that cold where I am compared to places that have snow and harsh winter conditions so we eat almost the same way year round.

I know people have their favorite hot drinks they drink when it is cold like hot chocolate but what about favorite foods. For the last couple of days I have been craving chilli beans. I love to eat chilli beans when we have cold or even rainy weather. What are your favorite foods to eat when it is cold out?
Soup is may favorite when it's cold, although I live in Florida and we don't get many cold days but last week was cold (for FL) I made some Ital soup, with some homemade flat bread. It was very good.

I don't have a favorite food, but it's the tea that warms me up. Caffeine in the morning, herbal in the evening. I don't have the time or ingredient stores to make good soups on a whim, so it doesn't end up mattering all that much, food just tastes like food as long as the nutritional bases are covered I'm OK.

I don't have a favorite but in the winters I make a lot of vegetable based stew/chili type meals.

For example, diced sweet potatoes with onions, kale, white beans and curry spices. Or white bean chili with colored peppers, onions, chicken, white beans, chili flakes and monterey jack cheese. Or curried red lentils with onions, tomatoes, diced peppers and cauliflower.

I like to incorporate as many vegetables as possible in my meals so in the winters I will dice them up and try all sorts of combinations in a skillet with spices and occasionally some kind of protein or grain.

I love chilli when the weather is cold too. The hotter the better! I also enjoy casseroles and roast meat with potatoes, veg and gravy. I rarely eat cold meals during winter. I also drink plenty of hot tea to keep warm.

I really enjoy a nice big bowl of potato soup when it is cold outside. Top that with some diced green onions and some cheddar cheese and it is the best meal in the world.

I really enjoy a nice big bowl of potato soup when it is cold outside. Top that with some diced green onions and some cheddar cheese and it is the best meal in the world.

That sounds wonderful Rosyrain! I might try that tonight!

Back
Top Bottom