What Is Your Favorite Nut?

I have never heard of boiling peanuts before. It sounds really similar to how we do it though, just they steam these and sell them in plastic bags. It's mostly a roadside/streetfood thing. They call it "roast" peanuts, since the steam they use is spiced with special wood and stuff.

that's very interesting. now we will take roasted salted peanuts in the shell here and put them under a heat lamp at ball parks and such and just sell as peanuts, or roasted peanuts. still dry not steamed or boiled. but also you can't boil a roasted peanut it has to be green/raw same thing just different names. those are the ones you can boil.

Depends on the uses of nuts ,I love Brazil nuts and pistachio in sweets and am using them in crack sugar as a praline at the moment ,but savoury I keep towards pistachios in shells

Pistachios hands down. If I see a bag of pistachios I will go for it like a hungry squirrel. :D I like cashews too.

I was reminded how much I miss roasted nuts when some showed up at my workplace. I had not eaten them in a while, but when I started to eat them, I simply could not stop. So since they reemerged I'd say they are my favourite nuts.

My favourites are pecan nuts, which I use a lot in cooking, and also hazelnuts (especially straight off the tree in my garden) but I will eat any nuts except macadamia (which are poisonous for dogs). I don't eat a lot of meat through choice and I don't eat any seafood whatsoever (highly allergic) so nuts figure in my diet quite a lot.

My favorite nut is pistachio which I always bring when we have a trip out of town. But my husband is a nut eater, he loves the local nuts we have here and also the imported ones particularly the pine nut which is the most expensive. When we are in Hongkong, he would take the bus to buy pine nuts in an area far from our hotel. In Singapore, he also hunts for pine nut in the mall stores that sells nuts. Our best local nut is the pili nut which is a native of the Bicol region. It has the hardest shell that you need a hammer to crack it, much harder than the shell of macadamia or Brazil nut. And it's not always available in Metro Manila so we seldom have it here.

Back
Top Bottom