What is your favorite winter soup?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
8:26 AM
Winter is the season for soup. For me, the cold weather causes me to crave warm liquids. My favorite winter soup is tomato soup with a bit of heat (cayenne sauce) and topped with croutons.

What is your favorite winter soup?

th?id=H.4602677191966925&pid=15.jpg

picking just one would be impossible. I love a decent leek & potato soup at this time of year but also sweet potato & butternut squash is great as well. Another that works really well for me at least is broccoli & whole-wheat pasta...

Picking just one soup is impossible! I absolutely love chili soup! I also really like potato soup. Potato soup loaded with cheese and bacon is perfect for a cool fall day or a cold winters evening. I also love vegetable soup! I like to use fresh vegetables from my garden. Broccoli and cheddar soup is another one of my favorites! Like I said, it is impossible for me to choose just one favorite soup. :)

I love all soups. And the great thing about home made soups is that every one tastes different. A favourite of mine is a Spanish chickpea and potato soup. Very warming and filling, yet surprisingly low in calories and fat. Economical too.

I love the creamy soups for winter. I particularly like cheese soup, even though that is so fat!!

Since I have changed my diet, I have started eating a lot of soups. If I had to narrow it down, I would say sweet potato bisque and creamy broccoli soup with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.

My favorites are potato soup and broccoli cheese soup, but I also love a good bowl of chili or hearty beef stew. I have never had sweet potato soup before but it sounds pretty good to me.

Hand down spicy Minestrone soup! I love putting hot sauce in my minestrone and make it super spicy. I add a few dashes of pepper and it is so yummy. It's filling and it helps to open up my nasal passages so it's perfect for the cold season.

I don't think you can go wrong with some potato soup! Homemade from scratch and with a little bit of cheese added, this soup will definitely warm you up pretty quick. I like to cut the potatoes into small pieces and add lots of butter to the broth, so my recipe isn't for the kind that worry about the ingredients; it is just very yummy and sticks to your bones!

My favorite winter soup is seaweed soup and I really love this healthy soup even any season of the year. This is great!

I enjoy pea and ham soup quite a lot and also a thick and creamy mushroom soup, serve that with some toasted and bread and you're all set.

It's a toss-up between leek and potato (add a bit of salt, eat with warm crusty bread with a little bit of butter) or oxtail (shamefully out of a tin).

Now I want soup... :(

I'd have to choose tomato soup too. I haven't tried making one so I'm stuck with the premade ones though.

I love love love hungarian mushroom soup. It's my all time favorite! However I've only made once because the ingredients are expensive and I have a few people in my family that have an aversion to mushrooms. Hard to make a batch of something, especially soup 'cause it always makes so much, when I'm going to be the only one eating it. My local deli sells some fresh stuff once a week that I can purchase by the portion size when my craving gets intense :)

Classic chicken soup. It is comforting both for your body and spirit. It is very easy to make as well. I prefer using all natural bio meat, but you can use any kind of chicken meat really. Even a whole chicken.

Back
Top Bottom