What is your favourite cocktail to make and/or drink?

Shaun

Guru
Local time
12:03 PM
At a family party at the weekend my niece made all the ladies a Cosmopolitan cocktail:
Mix 3 parts citrus vodka, 2 parts cranberry juice, 1 part triple sec, 1 part lime juice. Cointreau or other high-quality triple sec provides a cleaner taste than cheaper triple sec, and is generally substituted in the cosmopolitan. The cranberry mainly adds colour and should not excessively dilute the drink.

A lemon twist is sometimes used to garnish. Traditionally, a coin sized piece of orange should be "flamed" across the top of the drink. This coats the drink with a slick of citrus oil. Currently[when?], it is popular to see a Cosmopolitan garnished with a lime wedge. A common error is to garnish it with a cherry and drown it in cranberry juice, which is overall too sweet and unpleasant. A true Cosmo should have a tart taste and be slightly pink due to the shaking with the lime juice.

Do you have a favourite cocktail you like to make and/or drink?

To many cocktails too little time
Couldn't choose a favorite
Blinis, julips, sours,brambles,to many to list not that keen on pastis based

At a family party at the weekend my niece made all the ladies a Cosmopolitan cocktail
Why just the 'ladies'?!

My fave is Margarita:
  • 50ml tequila
  • 1½ tbsp lime juice, plus extra for the glass (1 lime should be sufficient)
  • 1 tbsp triple sec
  • salt and slice of lime, to serve
Put a little salt on a saucer, then wipe the rim of your martini glass with lime juice. Turn the glass upside down in the salt and twist to coat. Stir the ingredients and a little ice together or put them in a cocktail shaker to combine. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Serve with a slice of lime.

But you can't beat a Martini:

60ml gin
20ml vodka
10ml Lillet Blanc or Cocchi Americano.

Shake all the ingredients with ice in a shaker, then pour into a chilled martini glass or - if you have one - a champagne goblet. Add a lemon twist.

The jury is out regarding 'shaken but not stirred'...

I'd probably have been with the blokes drinking pints and missed out on the cocktails. A cocktail (or two) is great to kick the evening off IMHO. But it is too easy to get insanely drunk as they are as easy to drink as lemonade. :cheers::D

I love serving the Jack and Coke when my friends visit me on weekends. It is very easy to do. Just combine Jack Daniels and coca cola the ratio I use is 1:4 that is 1 jigger of Jack for every 4 jiggers of coke. It depends on your liking actually. Very easy to prepare and not that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom