What is your favourite foods to eat or cook? Any that are kid friendly?

Treeca86

Veteran
Local time
4:02 AM
Hey there! I'm new here! I was wondering what your favourite foods to eat and cook, and if any are kid friendly?
I love fruits and vegetables. I love to make stir fry noodle bowls the best, and it is something my 7 year old Autistic son can help make. I set him up with kid scissors and a halved and seeded bell pepper to cut with the scissors, as well as pieces of broccoli to cut up. It's fun to cook with him and teach him about foods.

Right now I'm really into wraps. Tortilla wraps, spring rolls, crepes...I think that kids really enjoy the hands-on aspect of those, and of course teach them to keep things clean even under the fingernails before working with food.

Oni-giri (Japanese rice balls) can be fun to make for that purpose, too. If you can find a Japanese grocery store, there's probably some plastic oni-giri molds that make it less messy, much quicker, and much easier to add the filling (like pickled plums, tuna mayo or chicken mayo).

Anything that they can eat with their hands. Tortilla wraps of their favorite food or pita pockets stuffed with their goodies. Tacos are fun with kids as are build your own burger or peanut butter sandwich.

I love making tacos or Mexican pizzas. I think they are both kid friendly but especially the Mexican pizzas because with the exception of the oven, they can make it all themselves. The prep can be somewhat tedious but clean up is easy because all of the ingredient bowls are empty! I like to clean up while the pizza are baking so after the meal there isn't a rush to put things away.

Anything with tomatoes for me, love them. My son (13 yrs) like to cook too. We make pizza toast or pizza using wraps, for snacks. Wraps are always an easy one and biscuits.

Anything they can get a bit messy haha

Back
Top Bottom