What is your favourite form of book?

cookieee

Local time
4:27 PM
What is everyones favorite form for a book? Hardcover, softback, Kindle, audio, or whatever.

I've never used an audio book. I like music when driving.

Depends on what I am using the book for. If I'm reading fiction or a biography, the Kindle is best for me. If I'm using a cookbook, or a reference book, or any sort of how-to -- I want either soft or hard cover. Or if it's an art book, I don't want that on a Kindle.

I prefer softcover, large enough print to see. Why? I like to read sitting up in bed and the softcovers are lighter for me to hold. DH likes hardcovers. He reads laying on his stomach and lays the book on the bed. So we compromise, we order whatever is the cheapest from Amazon. lol

As far as Kindle? The verdict is still out.

I'm fond of audio books partly because I grew up with them. My Mum was blind and she used to get 'Talking Books' sent to her and listen to them in bed. As it was a very small house, I could listen along through the wall of my adjoining bedroom. Nowadays I listen to audio books on long car journeys.

For me for everyday reading it has to be my Kindle - I never thought I'd convert to ebooks, but they're just so convenient. I've always read very quickly so holiday packing used to be a bit of a pain as I'd need to take enough books to last me a couple of weeks, and plan ahead what I was going to read. Now with the Kindle I can carry as many as I like and be a bit more spontaneous in terms of what to read next.

I've stopped reading, don't know why. Always read right from young, often til 2 in the morning on school nights. Just couldn't get enough knowledge. I still flick through recipe books. My daughters trying to track down a third book to the two I already have. By an icon of nz. She was a rebel before everyone else in the 50s, I love her stuff. She used to drive a mg sports car with her pet goat in it. She once planted dope plants at the councils flower beds at night. She was arrested several times. I wished I'd known her.
Her name was Anna Hoffman.

Russ

Paperbacks. I have no e-readers and haven't even got a version of either of the books I've written.

If I'd written a book about Indian food, would that have made me a paperback raita?

Back
Top Bottom