What is your typical cooked breakfast?

ariana

Veteran
Local time
10:39 AM
When you cook breakfast (aka, you have time for more than a bowl of cereal or some fruit, etc.), what do you eat? Do you regularly cook sweet or savory food for breakfast? I know that breakfast is very different in different parts of the world. I am originally from India, and our traditional 'cooked' breakfast is usually a mix of vegetables (including potatoes, onions, cauliflower, and yellow peas) and fried breads (such as luchi, paratha, roti). I know different parts of India do different things as well.

So, where are you from, and what is your typical 'cooked' breakfast?

I am from the Philippines. The typical breakfast here is fried rice and scrambled egg. Sometimes, we add sausages, corned beef, or hotdog. There are days when I eat porridge for breakfast. It is really great with boiled egg and fried tofu. Yum!

Some mornings I make pancakes, some mornings I make eggs and bacon and some mornings I cook a pot of oatmeal with cinnamon and other spices.
It depends on how much time I have and what's in the cupboard.

I am from the Philippines. The typical breakfast here is fried rice and scrambled egg. Sometimes, we add sausages, corned beef, or hotdog. There are days when I eat porridge for breakfast. It is really great with boiled egg and fried tofu. Yum!
Corned beef and hotdog for breakfast? I can't imagine such a thing! It's amazing how cultures differ :)

As I hardly ever eat breakfast (naughty I know), it is not often that I make a cooked breakfast. Sometimes I do one nearer to lunchtime at the weekends and I always have one if I go away. When I do make one it has smoked back bacon, cherry tomatoes, fried egg, toast, fried mushrooms, baked beans, black pudding and sometimes a sausage.

A typical cooked breakfast would be fried or scrambled eggs on toast with some baked beans and a vegetarian sausage. If I had time then I would add some hash browns, but always eggs and some toast at least and buttered toast!

My breakfast here would consist of some kind of porridge, eggs (either scrambled or fried) with ham, sausages or bacon to go along with the eggs; some buttered bread or biscuits, and a hot beverage like tea, cocoa or a chocolate drink; some may prefer coffee. When bread is not used, we would use pancakes, muffins or fish cakes. When avocados are in season, that would also form part of the breakfast. We would not normally cook vegetables at this time of the day.

Anything with egg on it, regardless of how the egg was cooked, makes for a typical cooked breakfast. The other viand's a little of everything. Sometimes ham, sometimes corned beef, sometimes tuna or sometimes fried chicken. It's usually the egg that makes meals feel so breakfast-y. Without it, breakfast looks like an any-day meal.

Mostly eggs in all styles and fashion when I do have breakfast. I will sometimes add, bacon or sausages when I have time.. I really am so inconsistent when it come to breakfast and keep hearing it is the most important meal of the day.

I don't really have any typical dishes but my most frequent ingredients are sausages and eggs. I'm not a fan of cereals, and although I like pancakes they just don't fill me up enough or at least it just doesn't fill me up the right way so I always end up going for something else most of the time. I also like having hash browns at mornings but in general anything is good for me in the morning as long as it is savory. I've even had some breakfast meals consisting of just ramen.

I like to eat microwaved foods for breakfast because I can make a whole meal quickly that way if it's just for myself. There's a way to microwave bacon as well as a way to microwave an egg then scramble it. There's also a way to make a cake in the cup using the microwave. When I can, I like to make those things for breakfast when I have the time. Though, if I'm being truly fancy for guests and it's not a typical sort of long-winded breakfast then I'd break out the biscuits, omelets, pancakes, coffe, and basically the works. I would serve deviled eggs but that feels more like a brunch or a snack food to me.

Typical breakfast for me is millet cereal (hot cereal) with a few raising in it, milk on top and 4 hazelnuts. Of course coffee as well. That has been my standard breakfast for over a month now with hardly any variety. Mostly that's because of my budget. I used to have kefir often, but now I can't afford it.

If I'm cooking a breakfast, it's usually something sweet. French toast, pancakes or waffles. I'm not a big fan of eggs, and I think so many breakfasts include eggs in some form - scrambled, fried, poached, an omelet - but I never make them! I will sometimes have bacon and sausage though, but I much prefer a sweet cooked breakfast than savory!

Daily I have porridge with dried cranberries and nuts with brown sugar and no more than once a month I will have a morning meeting and have a full,English sausage ,bacon,black pudding ,portobello mushroom ,fresh plumb toms,baked beans a fried egg and toast,

My typically cook breakfast is usually a few fingers of boiled bananas, steamed callaloo/cabbage, fried liver alongside bake bean/sausages. There are other days when i'll just go light and have a bowl of oats or plantain porridge.

Back
Top Bottom