What kind of music do you like?

My tastes are not quite normal, and I am into old stuff. I spent over a decade downloading, some may say that was stealing but I dare the RIAA to sue me. Reason is that I spent many thousands on music. If their contention is that is is not the record that has value it is what is on the record, then I got the rights to most of my main stuff, I have bought it before. I had very good software that made it easy to avoid viruses (virii ?) etc. and I knew how to use it. But they would have alot of trouble with me, unlike the Grandparents they scared out of it when their grandkids were downloading on their PC. I know how to do law research and how to litigate. I would be their worst nightmare, because of all the destroyed things I paid for, they would have to pay me ! I'd whup them better than Randy Weaver and Cliven Bundy put together.

So now I have 35GB of music only, I lost count of the movies, half of which I have not even seen.

When I went to download I didn't go for popular stuff. Don't want it, except the popular stuff from the past. the popular stuff would come in from 40 sources and it would be there in a minute, some of the things I downloaded had only one source, and took a week.

I got rare things from the 1960s that we used to listen to in the Corvair. I got things I had on 45 when I was a little kid. I got a serious collection of Buddy Holly who died before I was born.

Most off that stuff I can listen to anytime, but then sometimes I jam. this thing can shake the cement floor. Then comes in the heavy 1970s music.

A typical playlist might be;

Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man.
Van Halen - Ain't Talking Bout Love
Alan Jackson - Bubba Shot The Jukebox
Hank Williams Jr. - Country Boy Can Survive
Metallica - Seek And Destroy
Blake Shelton - Old Red

One of the few new pieces I like is Carry Rodriguez - I cry For Love, has rock violin in it.

Moving along here,
Dire Straits - Heavy Fuel
forgot who - Pickup Man
Genesis - Wind And Wuthering
Aerosmith - Lord Of The Thighs
Led Zepplin - No Quarter

So you see how my taste runs. Old. Just like my stereo, nothing less than ten years old, by quite a bit. Even the PC that feeds it.

So that's my two cents.

T

My tastes are not quite normal, and I am into old stuff. I spent over a decade downloading, some may say that was stealing but I dare the RIAA to sue me. Reason is that I spent many thousands on music. If their contention is that is is not the record that has value it is what is on the record, then I got the rights to most of my main stuff, I have bought it before. I had very good software that made it easy to avoid viruses (virii ?) etc. and I knew how to use it. But they would have alot of trouble with me, unlike the Grandparents they scared out of it when their grandkids were downloading on their PC. I know how to do law research and how to litigate. I would be their worst nightmare, because of all the destroyed things I paid for, they would have to pay me ! I'd whup them better than Randy Weaver and Cliven Bundy put together.

So now I have 35GB of music only, I lost count of the movies, half of which I have not even seen.

When I went to download I didn't go for popular stuff. Don't want it, except the popular stuff from the past. the popular stuff would come in from 40 sources and it would be there in a minute, some of the things I downloaded had only one source, and took a week.

I got rare things from the 1960s that we used to listen to in the Corvair. I got things I had on 45 when I was a little kid. I got a serious collection of Buddy Holly who died before I was born.

Most off that stuff I can listen to anytime, but then sometimes I jam. this thing can shake the cement floor. Then comes in the heavy 1970s music.

A typical playlist might be;

Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man.
Van Halen - Ain't Talking Bout Love
Alan Jackson - Bubba Shot The Jukebox
Hank Williams Jr. - Country Boy Can Survive
Metallica - Seek And Destroy
Blake Shelton - Old Red

One of the few new pieces I like is Carry Rodriguez - I cry For Love, has rock violin in it.

Moving along here,
Dire Straits - Heavy Fuel
forgot who - Pickup Man
Genesis - Wind And Wuthering
Aerosmith - Lord Of The Thighs
Led Zepplin - No Quarter

So you see how my taste runs. Old. Just like my stereo, nothing less than ten years old, by quite a bit. Even the PC that feeds it.

So that's my two cents.

T
WoW!!

Back to my Yorkshire roots earlier in the week:

Back
Top Bottom