What kind of music do you like?

Sure! Even though I wasn't born until 1962, I have 5 older siblings with pretty good taste in music (well at least 2 of them did), so I was listening to all kinds of great music growing up.
That’s how it was with me. To this day, I still associate each sibling with a particular band/album.

That’s how it was with me. To this day, I still associate each sibling with a particular band/album.
We used to listen to Santana, Simon and Garfunkel, and the Beatles albums in the late 60s and early 70s (among many others) each night before bed.

I listened to Black Sabbath before bed back then.:D

Late 60s was Vanilla Fudge, Blood, Sweat and Tears, Bob Dylan, Jefferson Airplane and Colosseum for me.

I listened to Black Sabbath before bed back then.:D
I was a little young for that. Besides, the others were mom approved. Not sure she would have liked Black Sabbath, lol. Pretty sure not.

I was a little young for that. Besides, the others were mom approved. Not sure she would have liked Black Sabbath, lol. Pretty sure not.
My mom listened to Jerry Vale and Englebert Humperdinck. She most certainly hated all music I listened to.

I was lucky in that my mom had excellent taste in music, and unusual for one of her background.

Records of my mom’s that I remember:
Elvis
Jerry Lee Lewis
(Those two weren’t unusual)
Righteous Brothers
Joe Tex
Mahalia Jackson
Muddy Waters
Jimmy Webb
Dusty Springfield
Bobbie Gentry
Tom Jones