You Do Something to me by Paul Weller
The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel
I'm So Afraid by Fleetwood Mac
All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
Sleepy Shores by Johnny Pearson
Diamonds are Forever by Shirley Bassey
You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette
Careless Whisper by George Michael

Ask me again tomorrow and I could probably come up with a completely different list!

If you should write down a chart of your 10 songs of life, what it would be?
Impossible to do right now, as all that's in my brain are Christmas songs and Lennon! :)
She is such a badass 👊🏻
I’m a bit puzzled about Tom Petty, although I recognise him as a very good musician, he has never touched my heart
Uh what I’ve just said 😂
I can count on one hand the musicians/artists that go beyond "I like/love their music," and became a huge influence on my creative side. Petty is one. Cried like a baby when he died.

In no particular order, because that would be impossible:

Right Down The Line by Gerry Rafferty
Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon
You Do Something to me by Paul Weller
The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel
I'm So Afraid by Fleetwood Mac
All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
Sleepy Shores by Johnny Pearson
Diamonds are Forever by Shirley Bassey
You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette
Careless Whisper by George Michael

Ask me again tomorrow and I could probably come up with a completely different list!

Sheryl Crow, I saw her live in a music festival in Milano in 1994, she was very good

Last edited:
Impossible to do right now, as all that's in my brain are Christmas songs and Lennon! :)

I can count on one hand the musicians/artists that go beyond "I like/love their music," and became a huge influence on my creative side. Petty is one. Cried like a baby when he died.
That track should have made it onto my top ten, and so should Refugee.

Can I have more than one top ten please?:headphone:

I agree, he screams, but I appreciate their sounds

I enjoy screaming and death growls, but I prefer lower voices, like Lemmy Kilmister or Peter Steele...even Robert Plant's voice is a bit higher than what I usually like.

I enjoy screaming and death growls, but I prefer lower voices, like Lemmy Kilmister or Peter Steele...even Robert Plant's voice is a bit higher than what I usually like.

Let me say that there is a sort of art even in screaming, otherwise it is a coarse thing that forces me to turn the volume down despite the sound itself I like a lot.

Ditto for Axl Rose of Guns 'n' Roses. 'Welcome to the Jungle' remains my absolute favorite though (maybe the only one) despite his voice - or maybe thanks of it?

I loved the voice of David Lee Roth from Van Halen very much, which I listened to non-stop.

I'm not a huge Motorhead fan but wasn't Lemmy who had something to do with boots or something?

Last edited:
Let me say that there is a sort of art even in screaming, otherwise it is a coarse thing that forces me to turn the volume down despite the sound itself I like a lot.

Ditto for Axl Rose of Guns 'n' Roses. 'Welcome to the Jungle' remains my absolute favorite though (maybe the only one) despite his voice - or maybe thanks of it?

I loved the voice of David Lee Roth from Van Halen very much, which I listened to non-stop.

I'm not a huge Motorhead fan but wasn't Lemmy who had something to do with boots or something?

I completely understand you. I'm very picky with my screaming, I don't like everything and there's lots of screaming I don't like. There's one metal band I really like called Jinjer, the singer is a woman, she has this soft womanly voice but then she growls like a man! First time I heard it I though they had a male singer doing the screaming and I was shocked to find out it was a girl!

Funny thing, Lemmy and Peter have my favorite voices but they didn't do the kind of music I really like. I think Lemmy always performed in his cowboy boots. He also placed the microphone a bit higher and sang with his chin up, which is supposed to give a "raspier" voice; it's also supposed to ruin your vocal chords but he sang like that until he died and he was fine.

epicuric The Ace of Spades is an amazing song.

How about Philip Anselmo of Pantera? He can sing really high and scream but he can go low, too.

Motorhead, Megadeth, Metallica, Audioslave, Soundgarden (love Chris Cornell, so sad he passed away).

Edited to add Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down.

Back
Top Bottom