What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1695278437730.jpg

IMG_5834.jpeg

This is extra funny to me because something similar happened to us a couple of nights ago.

I’ve been working a lot of overtime (on call this week), so I’ve had my laptop right next to me on the couch most nights.

Friday, MrsT wanted to watch Hocus Pocus 2 (Disney Halloween movie, made for teens). It’s full of all the Halloween tropes, like black cats, a book of spells, moley witches, headless corpses, etc.

I’d just had to do a little work, got through that, but MrsT noticed I was looking a mixture of perturbed and deep in thought.

“You ok? You look mad. Work not going right?”

“Huh? Oh…,no. I was just wondering how that headless corpse keeps walking into things because he has no eyes, but his head told him to ‘Just follow the sound of my voice!’ - if he can’t see because his head’s off, how can he hear?”

:laugh:

On Stricly Come Dancing this year is a lady of a certain age, she looks great and has a cracking pair of pins. Despite all the things she has done over the years, when her name was mentioned in the office the general response was 'remember when she was on Morcome and Wise' :laugh:

View attachment 105154

This is extra funny to me because something similar happened to us a couple of nights ago.

I’ve been working a lot of overtime (on call this week), so I’ve had my laptop right next to me on the couch most nights.

Friday, MrsT wanted to watch Hocus Pocus 2 (Disney Halloween movie, made for teens). It’s full of all the Halloween tropes, like black cats, a book of spells, moley witches, headless corpses, etc.

I’d just had to do a little work, got through that, but MrsT noticed I was looking a mixture of perturbed and deep in thought.

“You ok? You look mad. Work not going right?”

“Huh? Oh…,no. I was just wondering how that headless corpse keeps walking into things because he has no eyes, but his head told him to ‘Just follow the sound of my voice!’ - if he can’t see because his head’s off, how can he hear?”

:laugh:

You need to leave your brain to science when you pass on. (me too)

CD

I’m right, though. If he can’t see because he has no eyes, he can’t hear because he has no ears!

It’s nonsensical things like this that has Hollywood hurting at the box office the last couple of years. :laugh:

Or maybe, the writers put stuff like that in the movie to see if today's teens will notice. See, now that's the kind of thought rabbit holes I go down.

CD

It’s nonsensical things like this that has Hollywood hurting at the box office the last couple of years. :laugh:

It's not just in the last few years. Craig has been binge watching some older series and movies while I read unless it's something i happen to like. But, even reading and only paying a small amount of attention to TV, I've been noticing all kinds of continuity and plot hole and special effects/makeup issues.

Yes, I can multi task. Great at 2 things at once, pretty good at 3, and it starts going downhill after that.

Last edited:
It's not just in the last few years. Craig has been binge watching some older series and movies while I read unless it's something i happen to like. But, even reading and only paying a small amount of attention to TV, I've been noticing all kinds of continuity and plot hole and special effects/makeup issues.

Yes, I can multi task. Great at 2 things at once, pretty good at 3, and it starts going downhill after that.

As a car nut, and somewhat of a car expert, it kills me how cars that crash in Hollywood ALWAYS seem to flip over and explode. In the real world, that almost NEVER happens.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom