What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes I see that - but it could be any sort of worker. I think I'm far too forensic when I try to understand visual jokes!

Oh! How was I supposed to know that? There are no clues in the photo...

It's just a worn out, tired employee. That's all.

It does say wax ladies in the caption, though I don't think she is actually one as they don't generally wear visors. In fact, I am pretty sure she is a fast food worker given her shoes and outfit.

It does say wax ladies in the caption, though I don't think she is actually one as they don't generally wear visors. In fact, I am pretty sure she is a fast food worker given her shoes and outfit.
Perhaps "wax ladies" means nothing to some of us? My first though was making candles by hand but that had little to do with vanity and valentines day, so I had to think again. Tbh, like MG I don't get it or find it funny and could even consider it sexist.

Perhaps "wax ladies" means nothing to some of us? My first though was making candles by hand but that had little to do with vanity and valentines day, so I had to think again. Tbh, like MG I don't get it or find it funny and could even consider it sexist.

Men get waxed too, although obviously not like women do.

I'm not the one who posted the original, so not sure why the sexist comment is directed at me.

Men get waxed too, although obviously not like women do.

There is a big craze in the US for men called "Manscaping." There is no reason for me doing it, since I would still be old and flabby. But, I understand it is the perfect accessory for six-pack abs.

CD

There is a big craze in the US for men called "Manscaping." There is no reason for me doing it, since I would still be old and flabby. But, I understand it is the perfect accessory for six-pack abs.

CD

Manscaping includes other areas as well...

Makes certain things look longer if there's no bushy hair around it.

Body builders also wax or depilitate their arms and legs to show off their muscles.

Last edited:
A lot of women get their eyebrows waxed, as well as their moustache area. I had a friend 25+ years ago who weekly went to get her moustache area waxed because it was that bad.

Remember when those handheld home use machines came out that would catch and yank out the hair on your legs and other areas? It would take a long time, like 6 weeks, for the hair to come back and they implied that hair growth would reduce over time. They were pretty expensive when they first came out so i asked for 1 for Christmas pre Craig. OMG, it hurt like he//! I only used it 2 or 3 times on my legs and then gave up because it hurt so bad. My girlfriend asked to try it so i gave it to her and told her to go for it. She tried it for a few minutes, then decided to get plastered before using it anymore. She said that pretty much made it bearable. I told her to keep it and go for it, that I would stick with shaving or waxing.

They could use one of those on POWs or spies and they'd be babbling in no time just to stop it!

Last edited:
A lot of women get their eyebrows waxed, as well as their moustache area. I had a friend 25+ years ago who weekly went to get her moustache area waxed because it was that bad.

Remember when those handheld home use machines came out that would catch and yank out the hair on your legs and other areas? It would take a long time, like 6 weeks, for the hair to come back and they implied that hair growth would reduce over time. They were pretty expensive when they first came out so i asked for 1 for Christmas pre Craig. OMG, it hurt like he//! I only used it 2 or 3 times on my legs and then gave up because it hurt so bad. My girlfriend asked to try it so i gave it to her and told her to go for it. She tried it for a few minutes, then decided to get plastered before using it anymore. She said that pretty much made it bearable. I told her to keep it and go for it, that I would stick with shaving or waxing.

They could use one of those on POWs or spies and they'd be babbling in no time just to stop it!

I was going to post the waxing scene of Steve Carrell in "The 40-Year-Old-Virgin, but I had forgotten how much profanity was in it. :laugh:

Anyone interested can search for it on YouTube. It is funny, but NSFW.

CD

329876852_945602083100260_113676018782104322_n.jpg

So yesterday our son rang me to tell me this.
Granddaughter started new high school a few weeks ago. Yesterday she got on the wrong bus and ended up 30 mins north of her school. After an hour and a half and 3 buses later she arrived home at 7pm. Her and her friend made an adventure of it all. We will tease her Sunday.

Russ

rascal I've done that! But for me, it was raining cats & dogs, I had no umbrella and my cell phone died and I could call DH to come and get me - I was on the other side of the Island!
Yeah had her phone luckily. Giggly girls I imagine. She thought it was funny, but she was in the rough area.
All ended well. :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom