What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SatNav may not be amused, but I had to chuckle a bit at this news story...

"Maine vegan Peter Starostecki just loves tofu. He loves tofu so much, in fact, that he went and bought a custom license plate reading LUVTOFU. Now, he’s had to give that plate up under a state crackdown on license plates that could (if you squint hard enough) be considered vulgar. Maine has traditionally been on the liberal side in handing out vanity plates, but Starostecki’s was one of 274 recalled after officials decided this year to tighten up the rules."

CD

nc_ohc=KU1YGrUxmnIAX8YWzIV&_nc_ht=scontent.flis8-2.jpg

There was a clip on a true crime tv show Craig watches. Lots of snow piled up on either side of driveways along the street. A porch pirate snatches a package but the homeowner comes out as the thief is grabbing it. HO starts filming with his camera. So, thief drops the package and runs off to his little car parked about midway on the driveway. I do mean little. It was 1 of those 2 passenger cars that a couple of big guys could probably pick up. The thief throws the car in reverse, backing down the driveway, cuts his wheels trying to get on the road ASAP. But, he cut the wheels too soon. He backs over 1 of the huge snow mounds at the side of the driveway and makes it about half way over, then stops. He's suspended on top of the mound and none of his wheels are touching the ground. He's stuck. By now, all the residents of the house are out and yelling at him that the police are coming and a bunch of neighbors are out too because of the commotion. The thief gets out and starts trying to dig out the snow but too late, here come the police. I was nearly ROTFLMAO!

Funny related story. I was running errands one day, and a black Chevy Suburban ran a red light and hit a small car. I stopped to make sure everyone was okay, and the woman driving the Suburban took off. Problem is, her front right aluminum wheel broke in the accident, so she was driving on the brake rotor, which was leaving a gouge in the street. I got in my car, and another guy got in his car, and we followed the gouge in the street for a couple of miles, winding through neighborhoods. It ended in a driveway off an alley, at a garage door. The other guy called the police, and we both went back to the accident site and told the police officer there where he could find the hit-and-run driver.

I don't know what happened after that, but I'm sure the hit-and-run driver got a visit from from the popo. :laugh:

CD

I don't know what happened after that, but I'm sure the hit-and-run driver got a visit from from the popo. :laugh:

CD

A few years ago a bar owner in town upon opening up discovered that his steel shutter had been rammed and bent out of shape. He summised that it must have been a punter from the adjacent night club leaving in the early hours of the morning. This was later confirmed by police who found the culprit; not a difficult task as his licence plate had detached from the bodywork and was left at the scene.

Now, a dog would walk up to you, and gently put his head on your knee, and look up with you with sad eyes. You would then ask, "Do you want some supper?" And the dog would jump and dance around while thinking, "I'm so lucky to have a human who loves me."

Meanwhile, that cat would be thinking, "I let you take a picture of me at a toy piano, feed me... then clean my litter box." If you are lucky, the cat will later let you scratch his belly, then bite you, run away, and cough up a hairball on your pillow.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom