What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
327176410_481203667510972_4920377206844819197_n.jpg

They announced the nominations for the Academy Awards (Oscars) this morning. George Santos got 15 nominations.

(joke stolen from Jimmy Kimmel)

CD
I thought they did background checks on politicians, but apparently they don't.

I thought they did background checks on politicians, but apparently they don't.

Most campaigns do background research on candidates, before the candidates run for office. Gprge Santos' campaign did that, found things, and suggested that Mr. Santos withdraw his run for office. He said "No," and several members of his campaign resigned.

Opposing campaigns generally do opposition research, but Santos' opponent was underfunded, and didn't do a thorough job of opposition research.

The news media really dropped the ball. They completely missed all of this, until Santos won.

Sad as it is, it has been great for comedians and late night TV show hosts. It's been a lot of fun to watch, too. :laugh:

CD

I'd hope there would be a valid reason though rather than I just felt like it because I didn't want to warn then first..

You must be protecting your own life or safety, or the lives and safety of other people in order to use deadly force, such as shooting someone. That is the law, even in Texas, where gun laws are pretty loose.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom