What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it... I'm notorious for not getting jokes. Didn't get the cat one before, either!

Father Bear is entertaining the kids with a ventriloquist show before they go to bed. The puppets are the skulls of Bob and Jim.

I didn't get the cat one either.

The cat didn't have his paw up to ask a question, he was licking his bum/bits

The cat didn't have his paw up to ask a question, he was licking his bum/bits
That's hilarious, because I thought the cat doing the licking was actually a turkey, whose long neck, trembling in mortal fear, looked, like a cat's leg and paw, like, "Oh, crap, I've been found out!"

So there's a case of thought I got it, but I didn't! :)

That's hilarious, because I thought the cat doing the licking was actually a turkey, whose long neck, trembling in mortal fear, looked, like a cat's leg and paw, like, "Oh, crap, I've been found out!"

I always knew you had a creative mind.

On the last day of kindergarten, all the children brought presents for their teacher.
The florist’s son handed the teacher a gift.
She shook it, held it up and said, “I bet I know what it is – it’s some flowers!”
“That’s right!” shouted the little boy.
Then the candy store owner’s daughter handed the teacher a gift.
She held it up, shook it and said. “I bet I know what it is – it’s a box of candy!”
“That’s right!” shouted the little girl.
The next gift was from the liquor store owner’s son, Little Johnny.
The teacher held it up and saw that it was leaking.
She touched a drop with her finger and tasted it.
“Is it wine?” she asked. “No,” Little Johnny answered.
The teacher touched another drop to her tongue.
“Is it champagne?” she asked.
“No,” he answered.
Finally, the teacher said, “I give up. What is it?”
Little Johnny replied,
“A puppy!”

I mentioned in the coronavirus topic that I had my first meds home-delivered. To be clear, these were filled at my local pharmacy and mailed from there.

I had said I was a little sad because I liked talking a bit with the pharmacy techs there, because normally, we'd be in there a couple of times a week.

Well, I got the meds yesterday, opened the bag today, and along with my meds were two candy bars! I'd occasionally buy a couple of candy bars when I'd get my meds in-person; one for me, and one for MrsTasty, and they always kidded me about having to ring them separately from the meds (meds are paid for by insurance, which sadly doesn't cover chocolate:laugh:

They tossed in our two usual candy bars and a note saying they missed us and hoped we were doing well. That put a little lump in my throat, and definitely made me smile. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom