What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big Bangs Theory

So, I'm sitting in my bed, with my MacBook on my lap, and decide to go to the kitchen for a beverage. I put my MacBook on the little table by the bed, get up, and go get my beverage. I get back to my bed, set my beverage down, get into my bed, grab my MacBook, and my glasses should be right there on the same little table, but they are not. So, I look around, and don't see them. I finally figure I must have left them in the kitchen. So, I put the MacBook back on the little table by my bed, get up, and walk to the kitchen where...

I realize my glasses are on my #$%@#! face! :facepalm:

CD

So, I'm sitting in my bed, with my MacBook on my lap, and decide to go to the kitchen for a beverage. I put my MacBook on the little table by the bed, get up, and go get my beverage. I get back to my bed, set my beverage down, get into my bed, grab my MacBook, and my glasses should be right there on the same little table, but they are not. So, I look around, and don't see them. I finally figure I must have left them in the kitchen. So, I put the MacBook back on the little table by my bed, get up, and walk to the kitchen where...

CD
Mine are normally on my head. Lol.

Russ

CD
My normal routine is to get caught in a never-ending loop of looking for the same three things.

Today, those things were a bottle of water, a mask, and my car keys. I was heading out to the store, I grabbed my keys and went out to the car. Then I remembered I needed to grab a mask, so back inside, and I tossed my keys on the kitchen counter, went to the laundry room, grabbed a mask, walked by the water, grabbed a bottle, went outside, realized I'd left my keys inside, tossed the water into the car, went back for the keys, setting the mask down on the shelf next to the door...

...grabbed the keys, another bottle of water, got in the car, saw the original bottle of water, got back out of the car, took the water in, setting my keys on the counter again, back out in the car, noticed I didn't have my mask, went back in the house looking for my mask, couldn't find it, saw my keys on the counter, grabbed those, back out in the garage, saw the mask on the shelf, grabbed that, back to the car, still carrying the second bottle of water, so back inside for that...and that went on for a good 15-20 minutes before I finally rounded everything up.

Every time I'd pop back in the house, MrsT would say, "I thought you already left!" :laugh:

My normal routine is to get caught in a never-ending loop of looking for the same three things.

Today, those things were a bottle of water, a mask, and my car keys. I was heading out to the store, I grabbed my keys and went out to the car. Then I remembered I needed to grab a mask, so back inside, and I tossed my keys on the kitchen counter, went to the laundry room, grabbed a mask, walked by the water, grabbed a bottle, went outside, realized I'd left my keys inside, tossed the water into the car, went back for the keys, setting the mask down on the shelf next to the door...

...grabbed the keys, another bottle of water, got in the car, saw the original bottle of water, got back out of the car, took the water in, setting my keys on the counter again, back out in the car, noticed I didn't have my mask, went back in the house looking for my mask, couldn't find it, saw my keys on the counter, grabbed those, back out in the garage, saw the mask on the shelf, grabbed that, back to the car, still carrying the second bottle of water, so back inside for that...and that went on for a good 15-20 minutes before I finally rounded everything up.

Every time I'd pop back in the house, MrsT would say, "I thought you already left!" :laugh:

Wow, now I don't feel so bad.

I keep a supply of masks in the car. I also put my car fob (no key on my car), my house keys and my wallet in the exact same place in my house, no exceptions, otherwise I'd have to look for them every time I needed to go someplace.

Now, I have, on more than one occasion, driven to the bank to deposit checks, only to get to the bank and realize the checks were still at the house. I've done that most of my adult life.

CD

Wow, now I don't feel so bad.

I keep a supply of masks in the car. I also put my car fob (no key on my car), my house keys and my wallet in the exact same place in my house, no exceptions, otherwise I'd have to look for them every time I needed to go someplace.

Now, I have, on more than one occasion, driven to the bank to deposit checks, only to get to the bank and realize the checks were still at the house. I've done that most of my adult life.

CD
I also keep my keys and wallet (well, man-purse) in the same spot...it's once I get ready to go that the issues start. I constantly pick things up in one room, carry them to another room to get something else, and set the first thing down in there. I've found my keys in the fridge before, in the bathroom, in the mailbox, all because I'd taken them off the hook, then set them back down to do something else.

I have fashionable cloth masks for my main ones (are you surprised? :laugh:, though I keep emergency surgical masks in both cars, because of my forgetfulness with my cloth ones, and now we're supposed to double-mask, so they end up getting used for that.

I've also permanently solved the foggy eyeglasses - I position the surgical mask where I want it, then I use a few inches of medical tape to stick the top edge down and it works perfectly every time.

CD

Mine are normally on my head. Lol.

Russ

Thank you! It's good to know I'm not the only one that does this! :D

x (6).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom