What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As often is the case, Morning Glory doesn't get it.
No worries - you might be surprised the number I don't get, either because of my wonky sense of humor or because of my lack of knowledge in whatever subject is being made light of.

Anyway...so that would depend on having some familiarity of the movie Forrest Gump. In the movie, the character Lt. Dan is Forrest's old platoon leader from Vietnam, and he lost his legs in combat. That's Forrest on the left, about to carve the turkey, and that's a post-war Lt. Dan, looking very annoyed as Forrest rather smugly asks Lt. Dan if he'd "like a leg."

Gallows humor, indeed, but humor nonetheless.

No worries - you might be surprised the number I don't get, either because of my wonky sense of humor or because of my lack of knowledge in whatever subject is being made light of.

Anyway...so that would depend on having some familiarity of the movie Forrest Gump. In the movie, the character Lt. Dan is Forrest's old platoon leader from Vietnam, and he lost his legs in combat. That's Forrest on the left, about to carve the turkey, and that's a post-war Lt. Dan, looking very annoyed as Forrest rather smugly asks Lt. Dan if he'd "like a leg."

Gallows humor, indeed, but humor nonetheless.

Thank you. I've never seen Forrest Gump...

Contrary to popular opinion, you're not missing much (did he just say that?! :eek:).

I thought it was a great movie.

You have to have some grasp of mid-20th century history to get a lot of the hidden "Easter eggs." The best was when he went to Washington to receive a medal, and stayed at the Watergate hotel, and called the police about some men he could see from his room braking into an office in the building next door.

Now, it wasn't B-Budget slasher flick, but it was worth watching. :rolleyes:

CD

I thought it was a great movie.

You have to have some grasp of mid-20th century history to get a lot of the hidden "Easter eggs." The best was when he went to Washington to receive a medal, and stayed at the Watergate hotel, and called the police about some men he could see from his room braking into an office in the building next door.

Now, it wasn't B-Budget slasher flick, but it was worth watching. :rolleyes:

CD
X2 here as well.

Russ

Every tool cabinet should contain one giant screwdriver with a lifetime warranty.

BTW, is the term "cheater bar" used outside the US? In the case of the ratchets, you take a long pipe, and slide it over one of the smaller ratchets for more leverage. Make sure your ratchet also has a lifetime warranty. :laugh:

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 12.37.45 PM.png

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom