What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Morning Glory she speaks London.

I will NEVER forget the time I drove into a petrol station in Western England, and asked for directions. The woman behind the counter told me twice. I thanked her and went back to the car where my wife asked me, "Do you know where to go now?" I just said, "Nope." :laugh:

CD

I will NEVER forget the time I drove into a petrol station in Western England, and asked for directions. The woman behind the counter told me twice. I thanked her and went back to the car where my wife asked me, "Do you know where to go now?" I just said, "Nope." :laugh:

CD
When my husband was courting me long-distance (he lived in Ohio and I lived in Florida, 15 hours apart), we agreed to meet halfway at a mountain resort in North Carolina. He stopped to ask for directions to the resort when he got to the little town. It was kinda the same scenario, lol. No cell phones or GPS back then.

CD

We were travelling a back road east of here and ended up lost and on a dead end track. There was a farmer in the field and my wife got out to ask him the way. She came back after a few minutes and I asked "Which way". "I don't know" she replied. "But what did he say?" I asked. "I don't know", she repeated, "He only spoke Khmer!"

The worst I've ever had it for directions was in Ireland, on two separate trips.

It wasn't an issue with language or anything like that, just that the directions were always presented very simplistically and generalized, and after trying to follow them, we'd find that "Oh, it's just up there a ways, ya can't miss it," was Irish for, "Go straight through the next roundabout, then at the one after that, you'll need to take the second turning, and after you've driven 3/4 of a mile, there'll be a stone cottage on your left - take the next left past that, and continue on for..."

🤨

The worst I've ever had it for directions was in Ireland, on two separate trips.

It wasn't an issue with language or anything like that, just that the directions were always presented very simplistically and generalized, and after trying to follow them, we'd find that "Oh, it's just up there a ways, ya can't miss it," was Irish for, "Go straight through the next roundabout, then at the one after that, you'll need to take the second turning, and after you've driven 3/4 of a mile, there'll be a stone cottage on your left - take the next left past that, and continue on for..."

🤨
The best directions we ever got were from this guy in Mexico who barely spoke English, it was a mix of Spanish and English (Spanglish, lol). He told us to go south past the casa blanco and turn left at the dead gato. Yeah, there seriously was a dead cat in the road.

Our furry Pomski. He has separation anxiety when one of my DD's leaves. Crying, running around, looking at me to do something. Then when he calms down, he puts his head on my lap, jumps on me and gives me his paw. Hugs and licks (kisses).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom