What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This one is appropriate for me right now:
View attachment 85761
I distinctly remember my leaving speech from my last job. Apparently I hesitated just slightly too long when I tried thankfully to reply to the person who asked me if I was going to miss my job and the school! (I was good friends with the deputy head there who laughed with me afterwards about it, was I going to miss a high pressure job where for 4 of the 7 years I had been sole engineer 24/7 at a large boarding school needing 24 hour IT support supporting 600 students, and around 200 members of staff where every student had a school issued laptop, as opposed to quitting my job and going off to cycle around the world with no timescales and no pressure? Hum, what do you think? )

I distinctly remember my leaving speech from my last job. Apparently I hesitated just slightly too long when I tried thankfully to reply to the person who asked me if I was going to miss my job and the school! (I was good friends with the deputy head there who laughed with me afterwards about it, was I going to miss a high pressure job where for 4 of the 7 years I had been sole engineer 24/7 at a large boarding school needing 24 hour IT support supporting 600 students, and around 200 members of staff where every student had a school issued laptop, as opposed to quitting my job and going off to cycle around the world with no timescales and no pressure? Hum, what do you think? )
I haven’t seen it in a long time, but one of my favorite Father Ted episodes is when he wins an award and he’s mulling over being gracious in his acceptance speech or using it to blast all the people he doesn’t like.

Of course, being Father Ted, he chose the latter, to hilarious effect. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom