What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many of you know that we have some rather friendly squirrels who beg out on our back deck, and I sometimes give them peanuts or make them peanut butter sandwiches. I was drinking my tea at the kitchen counter and felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I looked out back, and there was a squirrel sitting up on the awning above our deck swing staring in the window at me, so I felt obliged to make her a peanut butter sandwich.

Just as I was finishing making the sandwich, my cell phone rang. I quickly rinsed the peanut butter off my hands and answered the phone. It was the project manager from one of the companies I do freelance work for wanting to discuss an upcoming project. I said, "Oh hey Tom, sorry it took me so long to answer. I was making squirrel sandwiches."

There was silence on the other end of the line. I said, "Hello? Are you there?" And he said quietly, "Yeah, I'm here..." and I started busting up laughing and had to explain to him that I was making peanut butter sandwiches for the squirrels, not actually making sandwiches out of squirrel meat!!!!

Around these parts, you’d definitely need to specify that about have the time! :laugh:
Yeah, when I lived in Florida I used to drive over to Tallahassee (North central part of the state) where my mom lived to visit her on occasion. My nephew (then in his early 20s) had been staying with her for a bit at one point. I was visiting and looking through the freezer to find something to cook for dinner and ran into what looked like rat carcasses skinned, cleaned, and bagged but not marked. I was like, "What the heck is this, Mom?" She said, "Oh, Christopher was out hunting in the backyard again. I am kinda tired of eating squirrel, can you find something else in there to cook for tonight?"

I ordered a pizza. BTW, I have never eaten squirrel (to my knowledge) and never will (knowingly).

Last edited:
I had such good fun wearing a tie for waistcoat for not-so-dizzy-Ms-Lizzy on Sunday that I decided to wear one today as well, since I had some errands to run.

Compliments from the nurse, the doctor, the waitress, and a random fellow at the grocery store. Maybe everyone is tired of seeing sweatpants! :laugh:

Center of the panhandle, not the state, that would be Orlando more or less. :D
Yeah, I realized my error a bit ago, but not center of the panhandle, either. Central north part of the state. Might as well be lower Georgia, really, it's only about 40 miles from Thomasville, GA.

So many of you know that we have some rather friendly squirrels who beg out on our back deck, and I sometimes give them peanuts or make them peanut butter sandwiches. I was drinking my tea at the kitchen counter and felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I looked out back, and there was a squirrel sitting up on the awning above our deck swing staring in the window at me, so I felt obliged to make her a peanut butter sandwich.

Just as I was finishing making the sandwich, my cell phone rang. I quickly rinsed the peanut butter off my hands and answered the phone. It was the project manager from one of the companies I do freelance work for wanting to discuss an upcoming project. I said, "Oh hey Tom, sorry it took me so long to answer. I was making squirrel sandwiches."

There was silence on the other end of the line. I said, "Hello? Are you there?" And he said quietly, "Yeah, I'm here..." and I started busting up laughing and had to explain to him that I was making peanut butter sandwiches for the squirrels, not actually making sandwiches out of squirrel meat!!!!
Grandson in London first day yesterday. Hes in love with squirrels!!

Russ

1654708655127.png

The smile is one of puzzlement if not bewilderment.... only in America as they say:

Car insurer Geico may have to pay $5m after woman contracts STI in a vehicle

Summary, a woman caught a STI in a man's car, so she claimed against his vehicle insurer for liability for the injury she received.... and the court upheld it.

Well, the story said Geico didn't bother to put up a defense, so legally the judge had to side with the woman per our legal system, though the judge could have taken the option of declaring it a frivolous lawsuit (which let's all face it, it was). I'm sure the judge assumed Geico will appeal and put up a defense, and then probably spend even more defending the appeal than they would have if they had defended from the beginning. What get's me is how she know she got it in the car, unless of course it was just once and a quickie. I mean it said partner and to me that implies a relationship, but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom