What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You should have gotten into soccer/football/futbal sooner. I hear Qatar paid out big-time bribes to get the World Cup this year.

CD
Yep, FIFA is well known as the most corrupt sporting organisation on the planet. It is interesting too to see which celebrities are willing to take the Quatari dollar. David Beckham being the one who seems to have damaged his brand the most.

Yep, FIFA is well known as the most corrupt sporting organisation on the planet. It is interesting too to see which celebrities are willing to take the Quatari dollar. David Beckham being the one who seems to have damaged his brand the most.

Did Beckham damage his brand by playing in Merica?

We actually have a MLS (Major League Soccer) team playing in Frisco, just a couple of miles from my house. FC Dallas. They have been at Toyota Stadium in Frisco for years, but I've never gone to a game. I need to check it out next season.

CD

Did Beckham damage his brand by playing in Merica?

We actually have a MLS (Major League Soccer) team playing in Frisco, just a couple of miles from my house. FC Dallas. They have been at Toyota Stadium in Frisco for years, but I've never gone to a game. I need to check it out next season.

CD
He is a gay icon and was very supportive of LGBT issues, even appearing on the cover of Attitude magazine. Taking money from Qatar is a dumb move for him.

Taking money from Qatar is a dumb move for him.
To be brutally honest, I don´t agree. For a bloke who´s worth 150,000,000 quid, I seriously doubt he gives a monkeys about whether they agree or disagree with gay rights. They´re paying him loads of beer vouchers to support his favourite game, and that´s all he´s interested in. 3,000 dislikes on his instagram account isn´t going to make him wear sackcloth and ashes.

To be brutally honest, I don´t agree. For a bloke who´s worth 150,000,000 quid, I seriously doubt he gives a monkeys about whether they agree or disagree with gay rights. They´re paying him loads of beer vouchers to support his favourite game, and that´s all he´s interested in. 3,000 dislikes on his instagram account isn´t going to make him wear sackcloth and ashes.
His income comes from sponsorship and endorsements, he will care if his brand value declines be because his image is tarnished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom