What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
image016.jpg

Oh, this made me (and MrsMe) laugh:

When we were at the ER the other night, she had to have two CT scans and blood work done. One of our modern marvels is the patient portal, and it just so happens that she was able to see her results come in as soon as a tech posted them, so by the time the doctor finally showed up to go over then, my wife had already thoroughly reviewed them.

One of her CT scans came in, and she's reading it out loud, bones this and muscles that, etc, and at the very end it said, "Navel piercing present."

MrsT doesn't have a navel piercing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Finally, the doc came in, and she started going over everything..."deep bruising here...possibly fractured ribs...oh, you have a navel piercing."

"No, I don't."

"Yeah...two, actually...either side of your navel."

She pulled up the scan, and looking at it, there were two perfect little circle on either side of her bellybutton.

MrsT pulled up her shirt, showed the doc what she was wearing, and told her, "I'm wearing drawstring pants...those are the metal rings for the drawstring!"

:laugh:

When we were at the ER the other night, she had to have two CT scans and blood work done. One of our modern marvels is the patient portal, and it just so happens that she was able to see her results come in as soon as a tech posted them, so by the time the doctor finally showed up to go over then, my wife had already thoroughly reviewed them.

One of her CT scans came in, and she's reading it out loud, bones this and muscles that, etc, and at the very end it said, "Navel piercing present."

Finally, the doc came in, and she started going over everything..."deep bruising here...possibly fractured ribs...oh, you have a navel piercing."

"No, I don't."

She pulled up the scan, and looking at it, there were two perfect little circle on either side of her bellybutton.

MrsT pulled up her shirt, showed the doc what she was wearing, and told her, "I'm wearing drawstring pants...those are the metal rings for the drawstring!"

I hate the way doctors think they are the authority on somebody else's body. Why would he even contradict that? She knows darn well if she has a navel piercing or not. Some doctors...ugh.

I hate the way doctors think they are the authority on somebody else's body. Why would he even contradict that? She knows darn well if she has a navel piercing or not. Some doctors...ugh.
For the record, the doc was a she, but I was thinking the same thing when she came out with "Yeah, ya do..." - I was thinking, between the two of us (my wife and I), I think we know whether she has a piercing or not! :laugh:

Reactions: mjd
For the record, the doc was a she, but I was thinking the same thing when she came out with "Yeah, ya do..." - I was thinking, between the two of us (my wife and I), I think we know whether she has a piercing or not! :laugh:
Is it okay if I start a thread with this subject? I have quite a few crazy doctor experiences.

We had a cat once. He was found as a stray kitten and we took him in. He was never very bright. In fact, we often wondered whether someone had kicked him in the head. He grew into a HUGE tom, but was the sweetest, most loving, easy going cat ever. UNTIL, you gave him some catnip. Then, he turned into Mr. Hyde, and would go after the other cats and even the dogs. I have never seen a cat react like that. We had to get rid of the catnip because he wanted it and would try to get some every chance he had.

We had a cat once. He was found as a stray kitten and we took him in. He was never very bright. In fact, we often wondered whether someone had kicked him in the head. He grew into a HUGE tom, but was the sweetest, most loving, easy going cat ever. UNTIL, you gave him some catnip. Then, he turned into Mr. Hyde, and would go after the other cats and even the dogs. I have never seen a cat react like that. We had to get rid of the catnip because he wanted it and would try to get some every chance he had.
This is what I envisioned from your post. ;-)

tumblr_psycadZvth1wre00i_1280.jpg

"No, I don't."

What a good story. How is she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom