What meat do you cook and eat the most?

Local time
4:31 AM
What are your favourite meats, those that you cook more than any other? For me it would be chicken and fish. I use these more often than any other meat. I like most kinds of fish and find this easy to prepare as well. I seldom cook beef; I prefer lamb and would cook this more often than beef. Pork is another meat that I use very seldom. For me turkey is for special times of the year, like Easter and Christmas. I find this to be a fairly expensive meat also so I hardly ever use it at other times of the year.

So what meat do you prefer?

Chicken, pork, and beef. They are very easy to find in my country, so they are like staples. I am now trying to eat less pork and beef though because they are not that healthy. I am now switching to steamed fish and vegetables. :) They don't taste the same sadly.

The meat I like the best is lamb, but it is very expensive here. I have lot of chicken and pork.

I find pork very hit and miss regarding flavour it can be very bland. We eat more chicken than any other although you cannot beat a perfectly cooked shoulder of lamb that falls off the bone :hungry:

I tend to mix it up between chicken, fish and assorted red meats. I definitely cook chicken the most. I think that it is extremely versatile and I like that it is healthier than red meat. I cook fish the second most, when I cook fish my whole apartment smells like it for days and I don't always know how to cook different types of fish and don't always have the time to look for different recipes. Or I am worried if I try something new and don't do a good job that I would have made a meal nobody likes. I used to cook a ton of red meat but since chicken and fish is better for myself and family I don't make it as much anymore.

I make eggs every morning in some variety or another. Lately I've been on a kick making a quick "eggs florentine" over toast with spinach and a fried egg on top - with a bunch of Romano and black pepper sprinkled over it. The yolk forms a sauce with the cheese that tastes great over the spinach and the toast.

For lunch it's a mix up, some days I am in the mood for a burger and fries. Other days I want a grilled panini sandwich. And when I am sick of those, I will opt for a light pasta or rice dish instead.

Dinner I like to try and roast or slow cook something whenever possible, a roast beef, some stuffed cabbage, a casserole of some sort. I will usually throw it in the oven around 2 or 3pm so it will be ready in a few hours.

For me the meat that I cook the most is chicken. I love me some chicken and then after that I like to cook fish.

I use and make alot of chicken. I usually grill ir bake it. love fried chicken. I like making ceaser salads.Me and my fiance love chicken. Its better for you anyways. My second most used is steak. I love me a well done steak with grilled veggies and mashed potatoes.

My favorite meat is beef. I like its aroma and naturally rich flavor (especially when turned into broth). Despite my love of beef, the resident cook whips up a lot of pork dishes (much more so than chicken). I asked him before why he always cooks pork. His reason? Beef meat's too expensive in my country so we only prepare beef dishes during special occasions (birthdays, holiday season, anniversaries).

I tend to go through phases. At the moment, I have totally gone off chicken (for no particular reason) and I am really loving lamb. I make everything from roast dinners to curries with it. Duck is probably my favourite meat, but my partner hates it so I hardly ever cook it.

Beef and chicken are my favorite meats. I use beef for almost anything that requires meat including ground beef for pasta sauces or shredded beef stew for sandwiches or toppings. The reason is I don't like pork too much unless it's pulled pork. Chicken is often used in my house too because I use it for chicken salad, fried chicken, and for testing new recipes because it's more versatile.

What are your favourite meats, those that you cook more than any other? For me it would be chicken and fish. I use these more often than any other meat. I like most kinds of fish and find this easy to prepare as well. I seldom cook beef; I prefer lamb and would cook this more often than beef. Pork is another meat that I use very seldom. For me turkey is for special times of the year, like Easter and Christmas. I find this to be a fairly expensive meat also so I hardly ever use it at other times of the year.

So what meat do you prefer?
We are not big meat eaters but I do cook mostly chicken and fish. I have learned to substitute chicken and turkey for anything that requires ground beef and my family never notices the difference. My husband has issues with his cholesterol so I try to eliminate red meat from our diet if I can. We do have it on occasion but we do try to keep it down to a minimal amount. My favorite is fish so if it were up to me that's pretty much all we would have. :wink:

Danyel :)

Chicken, shrimp, pork and fish has become a fixture on my weekly menus; there are times when i feel like would try something different or just settle for just having vegetables for a while but that doesn't usually go down well with my family so i just let them be.

Chicken is the meat I cook and eat the most without a doubt. Following that it's going to be fish. As long as fish is around I would choose it over chicken, but with chicken, I almost never run out of it.

Because I like to experiment, chicken is always going to be number one. I might be wrong, but I feel I can do more with chicken. Right now I am trying to imagine life without meat:(.

Back
Top Bottom