What milk do you buy?

semi skimmed,i can not drink full fat milk now,but full fat still heats better for frothy coffees:coffee:

When I was younger I used to buy pure fresh milk because it really taste creamier and delicious. But now that I am not getting younger anymore I seldom drink milk already. But sometimes if I like to drink one I buy the Non Fat Milk already for health reason and this is good for my age.

We have 1% for the kids and my daughter and I have to drink the Almond milk. My stomach was really giving me the blues with cramps and gas everytime I eat cereal with milk or yogurt. I also have gone back to drinking aloe vera juice daily to help with digestion.

Long life 0.1% fat for tea and as a back up. It lasts about 2 weeks opened, maybe more in the fridge. For coffee and cereal full fat bottled milk with the big lump of cream on the top from the milkman. 3 of the latter a week but I am thinking of changing one to channel islands milk (its the breed of cow not the location that matters) just as a little treat.

Almond milk. Which is almost as expensive as diesel is!

I bought this milk (almond milk) recently and in no time in went off. If I opened it today, it was off in about two days. I have not researched it but does it have a shorter shelf life? In answer to the original post I always buy 2% milk but would be quite happy to explore some more if healthier.

I bought this milk (almond milk) recently and in no time in went off. If I opened it today, it was off in about two days. I have not researched it but does it have a shorter shelf life? In answer to the original post I always buy 2% milk but would be quite happy to explore some more if healthier.
I have not had any issues with it going off, but some brands do separate and you need to shake the container before drinking it.

What brand was it and what made you think it had gone off? I have never experienced any going off, so genuinely have no idea.

It was Silk Almond Milk and I don't remember the brand but it was mushy or gooey if those are the right words. I have to say I don't remember smelling it but I knew I was not going to use it. I have a very sensitive stomach at times so I wasn't going to take any chances whatsoever.

It was Silk Almond Milk and I don't remember the brand but it was mushy or gooey if those are the right words. I have to say I don't remember smelling it but I knew I was not going to use it. I have a very sensitive stomach at times so I wasn't going to take any chances whatsoever.
I've never had one go like that on me and we have carried them own unrefrigerated on a bike tour in really warm conditions that would have killed cows milk in hours. Curious. Personally I would suggest you try it again.
I've just looked the company up and they are a Canadian company and they do a cashew nut milk. :hungry: I might make some at home. :)

I've never had one go like that on me and we have carried them own unrefrigerated on a bike tour in really warm conditions that would have killed cows milk in hours. Curious. Personally I would suggest you try it again.
I've just looked the company up and they are a Canadian company and they do a cashew nut milk. :hungry: I might make some at home. :)

Thanks for the input. I am all for second chances so perhaps I will give it a try again. Still when I go and check almond online, I am getting mixed reviews about it's benefits. I guess that's true of any product out there.

I've recently tried different milks. I still mainly buy 2% reduced fat milk, but sometimes I use Whole or Skim for cooking depending on what it calls for. I like to drink and use 2% on cereals and things of that nature; but I find that it doesn't always fare the best as a cooking milk.

Recently tried some Soy milk because of this thread, and whereas I'm very allergic to soy and my stomach hated me, it did taste very good. Worth the pain, I guess? I had to try it out, even though they told me I was allergic. Can't help it.

Back
Top Bottom