What new foodie toy did Santa bring you??.

Technotrucker

Veteran
Local time
1:36 AM
We have a smoker (the size of a dust bin) in the shed, but when your looking at a recipe and it calls for a smoked item. The last thing you feel like doing is pulling it out, lighting it up and smoking 2 portions of salmon.

This chimbo dear old Santa left me a http://polyscienceculinary.com/products/the-smoking-gun

We see them used a lot on the Aussie masterchef show.....and a guy on a beer forum I'm a member of, tried it on a block of Chedder with amazing results......so what if any, new gadgets did you find under the tree

All I needed for Christmas cooking-wise was some new cooling racks for my baking which my hubby got for me! I feel like for the most part I have the appliances/utensils I need, and anything else would be just taking up space (I feel like if anything, I need to get rid of some of my cooking gadgets!)

A smoking gun sounds really interesting though - the only thing I really make that's "smoked" is kalua pork and we just use liquid smoke to get that smokey flavour!

Sadly, nothing but then I didn't really ask or need for anything because we are moving house & country soon (fingers crossed) so there seemed little point in asking for anything because the plugs will all be wrong (luckily the voltages and everything else are the same so my existing equipment will be fine) but on the bright side he did locate my husband's wedding ring which had been missing since May, so I am more than happy to have no kitchen appliances :D

Well, with Santa's permission:okay: I bought myself a toaster oven. Mine broke a few years ago, and I missed it. Also, a friend gave me his food processor...because the one I have is missing a blade...when that gets repaired, I guess I will sell one.

A new gadget which I got this Christmas for the kitchen, is a toaster oven. It was greatly needed since the last one I had years ago started to malfunction and I never got around to replacing it. It is a gift which was greatly appreciated and I have already started using it. I like this gadget because it has many functions. I can toast bread in it, warm up food, as well as bake small items in it. I may even be able to fry an egg in it, although I have never done so before.

We have a smoker (the size of a dust bin) in the shed, but when your looking at a recipe and it calls for a smoked item. The last thing you feel like doing is pulling it out, lighting it up and smoking 2 portions of salmon.

This chimbo dear old Santa left me a http://polyscienceculinary.com/products/the-smoking-gun

We see them used a lot on the Aussie masterchef show.....and a guy on a beer forum I'm a member of, tried it on a block of Chedder with amazing results......so what if any, new gadgets did you find under the tree
I've been wanting one of these for a while. You seem to have the gadgets I covet! Let us know about the results...

I didn't get any new cooking gadgets this year but I did get a new tablet and a beautiful diamond ring. I bought my daughter a really nice set of pots and pans because she needed some and I got a great deal onot them so I was quite happy about that.

I've been wanting one of these for a while. You seem to have the gadgets I covet! Let us know about the results..

I'm off work today, so later on I'm going to try and smoke a small amount of chedder....just for the heck of it.:happy: will post if possible later today.

Most of the gifts I received seem to be food-related, but that's ok because I'd rather have things I'll use. I got a pasta drying rack, a späetzle maker, the flex edge beater for my Kitchenaid and a Lékué Silicone Bread Maker.

So far I've used the bread maker - its basically a silicone bowl you can mix, knead, prove and bake the bread in. So far I've tried one of the recipes in their book (was just about ok), and I've done my usual mix in the Kitchenaid and just used the breadmaker for proving and baking - that worked pretty well. I guess its something I'll use occasionally rather than every time.

That is a really cool gift. I have never seen one of these before but I would love to have one! What an awesome Santa! You must have been really good to receive such a great gift. I am going to look around and see if I can find such a think around here.

I am going to look around and see if I can find such a think around here.

I think they are made in Aus....but they are on Ebay and cook shops in the UK, you should be ok with buying one in Canada

Reactions: L_B
Back
Top Bottom