What New To You Ingredients Did You Recently Obtain?

Wow! I had just decided to eat the only orange I have. I peeled it back and noticed it was rather pinkish, like a grape fruit. I separated a wedge and bit into it. It was somewhat bitter.

By gosh. I think I have just had my very first blood orange. It was good.

Wow! I had just decided to eat the only orange I have. I peeled it back and noticed it was rather pinkish, like a grape fruit. I separated a wedge and bit into it. It was somewhat bitter.

By gosh. I think I have just had my very first blood orange. It was good.
Blood oranges are generally reddish, i.e. "blood." I've always found them to be sweeter as well, though I usually buy the winter varieties. There are some good pictures of them at the below link below the booze ads.
blood orange - بحث Google

I recently obtained a number things that are new to me. These include dragon fruit, kiwano melon, finger limes, chai and Earl Grey tea, sencha tea and match green tea powder.

Dragon Fruit:

full.jpg

full.jpg

Kiwano Melon:

full.jpg

Finger Limes:

full.jpg

Chai and Earl Grey Tea:

full.jpg

Sencha Green Leaf Tea:

full.jpg

Matcha Green Tea Powder:

full.jpg

The only one of these that I have tried so far is the dragon fruit. I had half a dragon fruit with breakfast this morning.

I finally got around to eating some kiwano fruit and am ready to critique it. I'm not a big fan of it.

full.jpg

I like the unusual spikey orange look of the fruit, but inside, it is full of seeds with very little more, excepting some juice and a bare minimum of fruit pulp.

full.jpg

Descriptions of the fruit say to grasp it and squeeze it to pop out the seeds. After doing so, most of the juice goes with the seeds, leaving that bare minimum of pulp. There is not much left of the fruit, if the seeds are disposed of. The seeds are indeed, supposed to be edible.

The juice has a barely sweet flavor, almost bland and the pulp has a similar flavor.

No, I don't think I'll get any more of these, unless there is some suggested reason to use them in cooking.

I finally got around to eating some kiwano fruit and am ready to critique it. I'm not a big fan of it.

View attachment 67511

I like the unusual spikey orange look of the fruit, but inside, it is full of seeds with very little more, excepting some juice and a bare minimum of fruit pulp.

View attachment 67512

Descriptions of the fruit say to grasp it and squeeze it to pop out the seeds. After doing so, most of the juice goes with the seeds, leaving that bare minimum of pulp. There is not much left of the fruit, if the seeds are disposed of. The seeds are indeed, supposed to be edible.

The juice has a barely sweet flavor, almost bland and the pulp has a similar flavor.

No, I don't think I'll get any more of these, unless there is some suggested reason to use them in cooking.

Not ready for a kiwano fruit recipe challenge? :wink:

CD

I tried out seitan in a selfmade dish for the first time. First I cooked it in broth like the instructions on the package were saying. Then I searched in the internet for some informations how to cook seitan and found out it is pretty easy to make different things from it. My second seitan dish were a little bit more adventurous, with diced jalapeno, parmesan rind and Worcestershire sauce. Seitan is pretty cool

I tried out seitan in a selfmade dish for the first time. First I cooked it in broth like the instructions on the package were saying. Then I searched in the internet for some informations how to cook seitan and found out it is pretty easy to make different things from it. My second seitan dish were a little bit more adventurous, with diced jalapeno, parmesan rind and Worcestershire sauce. Seitan is pretty cool
Yeah it's a very good meat substitute, very versatile and has a nice chewy texture.

Just be careful, I wouldn't want to see you become a seitan worshipper.

CD :D

Back
Top Bottom