What New To You Ingredients Did You Recently Obtain?

It arrived today and I opened it and took a big whiff - I thought it smelled wonderful and my mouth started watering immediately. Maybe my sense of smell is different... but then I put one crystal in my mouth. Yep - that is sulphuric rotten eggs! I absolutely trust that it will work in spicy Indian dishes and I'll be using it soon.
yes..it is one of those ingredients that can really elevate a dish..if you like it, of course..lol..let me know how it goes..

This is pretty good..my sister recomended it and I like it...one of those ingredients that, once you try it, you will start to use it for other things just so you can have it..

A friend of mine I met yesterday, gave me this homemade beer vinegar (or it would be more correct to call it beergar? 😊).
She has some food business in Trentino Alto Adige and she thought I would have appreciated this product so new to me. Of course I appreciate beside her gentle thought.
I’m using it right now with onions. Its smell is so nice, just halfway between a vinegar and a beer, it’s true! I so love it! Will try it later with trout.

A friend of mine I met yesterday, gave me this homemade beer vinegar (or it would be more correct to call it beergar? 😊).
She has some food business in Trentino Alto Adige and she thought I would have appreciated this product so new to me. Of course I appreciate beside her gentle thought.
I’m using it right now with onions. Its smell is so nice, just halfway between a vinegar and a beer, it’s true! I so love it! Will try it later with trout.

View attachment 64079

View attachment 64080

View attachment 64081
Is it similar to malt vinegar at all?

Picked ups some dried peppers today..Puffa and Morita, I have yet to try..Chipotle I've used for years, just restocking...then, I pcked up this Panca Pepper paste which is a product of Peru...will have to do a bit of research to see how it is typcially used..
View attachment 64104

Very interesting products! I wish I could find them here too
I’m sure you’ll use them perfectly as usual 👍🏻

Very interesting products! I wish I could find them here too
I’m sure you’ll use them perfectly as usual 👍🏻
I use the peppers to make spice blends..I grind pieces of them with other things like cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt..etc..these mixes are used for Southwestern US and Mexican style dishes..very good with marinade for meat in the summer when I cook over fire....
Those Chipotle peppers are smoked Jalapenos...they add spicy heat and smoke flavor to whatever they are usded in...I make my own from our own peppers every year also..Jalapeno and Cayenne...

Back
Top Bottom