What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to buy a load of stuff this morning, but after 20 minutes waiting to get into the supermarket car park, I threw in the towel and came home!

I was going to buy a load of stuff this morning, but after 20 minutes waiting to get into the supermarket car park, I threw in the towel and came home!

It's been a while since I've had a good beating, so I'm going to the store tomorrow for a few things. Strike one, it's a Sunday. Strike two, it's New Year's Eve. :facepalm:

CD

It's been a while since I've had a good beating, so I'm going to the store tomorrow for a few things. Strike one, it's a Sunday. Strike two, it's New Year's Eve. :facepalm:

CD

It was nuts today, which I didn’t really expect. I really did feel like I’d been through a beating by the time I got home, mentally and physically.

I’m always surprised, though I shouldn’t be by now, how much harder humans make it on each other. Busy shopping day today, busier than usual, and I lost count of the number of shoppers, in three different stores, who parked their shopping carts across the shopping aisle while they perused the goods, effectively blocking it in both directions.

Another popular pastime…two people going the same direction down an aisle, side by side, and no, they weren’t together.

I’m always surprised, though I shouldn’t be by now, how much harder humans make it on each other. Busy shopping day today, busier than usual, and I lost count of the number of shoppers, in three different stores, who parked their shopping carts across the shopping aisle while they perused the goods, effectively blocking it in both directions.

Ah, but the new thing since covid is the minimum wage paid shoppers who gather groceries for curbside pick-up customers. They have those huge carts, and they park them wherever they want, and do not care one bit if it gets in the way of customers actually shopping in the store.

CD

Ah, but the new thing since covid is the minimum wage paid shoppers who gather groceries for curbside pick-up customers. They have those huge carts, and they park them wherever they want, and do not care one bit if it gets in the way of customers actually shopping in the store.
The issue here is (a) the aisle cleaners and (b) the assistants restocking the shelves. You can bet the cleaners will put warning cones all over the place ("DANGER! WET FLOOR!") and especially where you want to be. Then the kids restocking the shelves will leave huge piles of boxes all across the aisles. Never mind! At least they've got jobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom