What sorts of pasta shapes or styles are currently in your house right now? (or, What Shapes do you Make?)

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Local time
6:54 AM
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com
I'm cleaning out my pantry, and so I wonder. Okay, I'm cleaning out the pantry due to a mouse infestation, and some packages of pasta noodles have been tossed. But this is what remains:

2 sizes of farfalle (bowties) plus another package that's brown whole wheat organic.
Penne pasta
Elicoidale pasta
Mezze Maniche Rigate pasta.
Egg Fettucini
Candele.

What I really want to replace is the lasagna pasta.

I have yet to make my own pasta - but for those of you who do this, which are your "go to" pastas?

We´ve kept our pasta in the fridge for the past 10 years. It wasn´t mice that ate it all up, it was weevils.
We´ve always got:
Lasagna sheets, canneloni, farfalle, penne, fettucine, linguine, spaghetti, vermicelli and fusilli. We eat loads of the stuff; it´s the go to product when everyone is too tired to cook anything, and there´s always a tub of homemade tomato sauce in the fridge.

Rigatoni for Carbonara
Spaghetti for meat sauce
Linguine for Clam Sauce
Macaroni for canned tomatoes
Farfalle for my beef ragu
Tagliatelle for Alfredo
and a few country styles like Gigli, Cassarecce, rotini, etc..
Egg sheets for Lasagne

What I really want to replace is the lasagna pasta.

I have yet to make my own pasta - but for those of you who do this, which are your "go to" pastas?
You should try, it's very easy.

I have some imported artisan lasagna noodles right now but I normally just make them fresh. Any flat noodle like linguini, pappardelle, fettuccini, tagliatelle for sure and all stuffed pastas.

You made me think! I had to go look ...
Currently, I have 16 different types/shapes/styles of Pasta/Noodles in my pantry.
American, Asian and Italian styles.
Oh wait, I also have two more in the deep freeze already made up and ready to defrost, heat and eat...
:ohmy:
Ever since the World turn sideways and pantry staples were hard to come by, whenever I saw items once again available, I bought it.

Back
Top Bottom