What strange items do you have in your fridge or freezer?

mjd

Veteran
Local time
12:02 PM
So, some of us were talking about foods that some blogger said she couldn't go in the fridge (Foods That You Should Never Put In The Refrigerator). I went a bit toward freezers so I thought it would be fun for us to talk about what strange items you keep in your fridge or freezer.

Milk - I rarely drink milk because I'm lactose intolerant and I have more asthma attacks from getting congested. However, when I do have it, I pour it in a glass or bowl and stick it in the freezer for 10 minutes. I hate milk that is not very cold.

Batteries - I don't know why but my grandmother always kept her batteries in the freezer. I do it and have never even bothered to Google it for an explanation. ;-)

What strange things do you have in yours?

I have two back straps from wild deer given to me. I don't like venison. I need to give it away or swap?
I don't think many would have smoked eel in their freezer? I do

Russ

Reactions: mjd
I didn't intend to have so much but I got a deal on a tub of it from a supplier...I use it mainly for potatoes...usually I just use a couple of tablespoons to roast a few...if you ever have the oppurtunity of having fresh cut potatoes deep fried in duck fat, I say go for it...I used a few cups a couple of months ago and it was a very decadent experience..not something I want to do a lot, even though I really do want to do it a lot...

Why do you put it in the freezer?
It keeps longer. A little nutmeg goes a long way and a bottle has four or five whole ones in it, which literally lasts years...and I use it three or four times a week.

Reactions: mjd
I didn't intend to have so much but I got a deal on a tub of it from a supplier...I use it mainly for potatoes...usually I just use a couple of tablespoons to roast a few...if you ever have the oppurtunity of having fresh cut potatoes deep fried in duck fat, I say go for it...I used a few cups a couple of months ago and it was a very decadent experience..not something I want to do a lot, even though I really do want to do it a lot...
You just reminded me I have some of that in my freezer, I havnt seen it in ages, I need go,diving again.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom