What Will You Be Cooking on Easter Sunday?

Athenagdlyt

Veteran
Local time
2:44 AM
My memories of Easter Sunday revolve around boiled eggs and candies. Apart from the loots from the Easter Egg hunt, what will you be cooking and serving on Easter Sunday? Do you have any traditional dishes that you set aside for this day's menu?

My families Easter tradition is to split the holiday with both sides of the family. We spend the day before Easter with my side of the family. We travel 6 hours there and back. Clifty Farms ham and Hawaiian rolls are our biggest featured items. On Easter Day, we spend it with my husbands side of the family. I so look forward to that as all food is homemade. The veggies are even from their own garden that they've canned.

My parents are gone so I am alone on Easter which means that I won't be cooking. Often times I get last minute invites so I will wait and see.

I will be trying some traditional lamb recipes from my country. Specifically, I will be making a hearty and thick lamb soup along with some lamb stew, with fresh veg, herbs and mushrooms. I never tried cooking lamb before, so it will definitely be a fun experiment. :D

My family usually goes out to the lake and we have a bbq. My stepdad fishes in the lake and my mom and I cook. We make a bunch of salads in advance and take them to the park.

Except for hard boiled eggs and hot cross buns for Easter breakfast, I think I'm going to go non-traditional this year. Other years I've made ham, sweet potatoes, etc. but I think I may do something like lasagna this time. Not sure where the idea came from for that particular meal, but I like the idea. :laugh:

My traditional dessert other years, by the way, was usually peanut butter pie. May still have to do *that* part of the tradition, though!

Back
Top Bottom