Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TastyReuben does it really taste like the beer in Germany? My BIL & SIL lived in Germany for many years and when they moved back to the US they said that no beer in America even came close.
This tastes very much like a Bitburger or Jever. Those ought to be easy to find in most places. I’d also say these are somewhat similar to a St. Pauli Girl.

Quality German-style American-brewed beers these days are plentiful, IMO. Most craft brewers probably at least do a hefe. Since my area is heavily German-influenced, I can’t walk five feet without tripping over a local brewery that makes hefes, bocks, altbier, Vienna lagers, and on and on.

But, these days, if one wants to be a purist about it, it shouldn’t be too much trouble to find at least Paulaner and Weienstephaner fairly handy. I won’t mention Warsteiner or Beck’s, because I personally don’t care for them that much (although Warsteiner’s King Ludwig hefe is good), but those can be had at every kwikie mart and gas station around here.

TL;DR - yes, there are excellent American-brewed German-style beers available, and proper German-brewed ones as well. 🍻

Ginger beer and bourbon

Good ol’, ice cold Fontana Di Papa and aqua minerale. Laying off of the beerz, so I need to quaff something. Water it down so I don’t cut my foot off while mowing the lawn..

FE4705B6-92C9-4181-AED6-5DB2709867F9.jpeg

I nipped into The Whisky Shop today and saw this...

View attachment 86136
View attachment 86137

Not had it before and Arran are usually a decent whisky shop worth a punt. I don't often buy official Distillery releases now, 90%of my whisky buys are independent bottlers versions so I'm hoping it's good.
That looks right up my alley! I liked the Lowland and Campbeltown whiskies I tried while I was in Scotland, but I got too buzzed to remember which ones I had :laugh:

This is the German beer I’d never heard of that I bought on special yesterday ($7/6-pack):

View attachment 86214

View attachment 86215

You know after you’ve been together after a while, you and your partner can complete each other’s sentences/thoughts?

“Hey, I want to try that beer I bought yesterday day. Do you-“

“-want to split one? Sure.”

:laugh:

I bet that beer would be great, ice cold, today at my house. It's 93F/33C right now. :heat:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom