Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the wine I used with the pot roast we're having tonight, and I'll "fathom the bottle," most likely. The wife's still not feeling up to drinking any alcohol yet:

We were talking about wine glasses earlier, I really like these. They were MrsTasty's parents' and I love the stem on them - very mechanical-looking.

We shall have a bash at this later. Intriguingly, the Good Beer Guide notes "echoes of Pontefract Cake." Could be interesting.

This is the wine I used with the pot roast we're having tonight, and I'll "fathom the bottle," most likely. The wife's still not feeling up to drinking any alcohol yet:

We were talking about wine glasses earlier, I really like these. They were MrsTasty's parents' and I love the stem on them - very mechanical-looking.

Looks like a good heavy glass. I like a bit of weight i a wine glass.

Norfolk Nog (above) tested. Woof.

Not black, but dark brown. No obvious pigeonhole for it to go into; it's not a stout or porter and it's not really a winter warmer type of beer. About the best I can offer is that it is a bit like a strong dark mild, if that makes sense. A most interesting beer and a very good one.

Norfolk Nog (above) tested. Woof.

Not black, but dark brown. No obvious pigeonhole for it to go into; it's not a stout or porter and it's not really a winter warmer type of beer. About the best I can offer is that it is a bit like a strong dark mild, if that makes sense. A most interesting beer and a very good one.
So, no echoes of Pontefract Cake, but still good? It looks like a cool delivery system.

That stein means each bottle is like having 2 beers!
The wife, after her recent medication woes, is slowly weaning herself back onto a drink or two.

That means when she hears the cap come off, she automatically says, "I'll have half of that, if you don't mind." - hence breaking out a smaller stein.

Yesterday took the cake (beer?), though. That beer I poured that's in my pierogi picture, she missed that one, and midway through the meal, she got up to let the dog out, and smooth as a cat (beer?) burglar, she nonchalantly picked up my half-finished beer on her way back to her recliner, like it was hers all along!

So, no echoes of Pontefract Cake, but still good? It looks like a cool delivery system.
Hmm, can't honestly say I was getting the Pontefract Cake, but it certainly had some "dark" flavours. Quite a "chewy" beer with more bitterness than I'd expected, which was good. I don't like malty sweetness in a beer.

The mini kegs are pretty good, especially at this time of year when you can just keep them in the kitchen and serve at the right temperature. In the summer, you usually need to pop them in the fridge for a while. Not too long, though, or you get freezing cold beer and that's no good to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom