Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely Portuguese wine:

You can't buy any alcohol in Texas until noon on Sundays -- the exact time the NFL football games start. You have to plan ahead on Saturday if you want beer for the early games.

When I was an Elder in the church, our pastor made sure to do a short sermon for the late service if the Cowboys played at noon that day, and told us elders to keep communion moving a good pace. He made sure church let out on time, so people could get home before the Cowboys game. :laugh:

CD

You can't buy any alcohol in Texas until noon on Sundays -- the exact time the NFL football games start. You have to plan ahead on Saturday if you want beer for the early games.

When I was an Elder in the church, our pastor made sure to do a short sermon for the late service if the Cowboys played at noon that day, and told us elders to keep communion moving a good pace. He made sure church let out on time, so people could get home before the Cowboys game. :laugh:

CD
You've got to have your priorities straight, y'know? :okay:

An afternoon of arduous, though essential research. I have been bashing away through various brewery sites - and there are an awful lot in the UK - in the search for interesting things.

"Interesting things" means, essentially, beer. Like much research, there is a lot of frustration, but now and then one exclaims things like "Aha!" The former usually occurs when you find that a brewery only delivers locally or charges about three billion quid for delivery. The latter happens when you see stuff like "All prices include delivery" or "Free delivery over £75".

Progress has been made.

An afternoon of arduous, though essential research. I have been bashing away through various brewery sites - and there are an awful lot in the UK - in the search for interesting things.

"Interesting things" means, essentially, beer. Like much research, there is a lot of frustration, but now and then one exclaims things like "Aha!" The former usually occurs when you find that a brewery only delivers locally or charges about three billion quid for delivery. The latter happens when you see stuff like "All prices include delivery" or "Free delivery over £75".

Progress has been made.

Small breweries have popped up all over the Dallas/Fort Worth area. There is one in the next town over from me, called Franconia, that is quite good.

Here is a sampling of them...

https://www.dallasbrewscene.com/ntx-breweries

CD

I decide to randomly open a beer from a variety pack from Atwater Brewery. I'm not overjoyed with the one I picked:

1603165523101-jpeg.jpg

The best thing about this beer is the very artistic can. But, the beer is waaay too hop-heavy. I like hops, but this is an assault on my tongue. Yes, it's possible to enjoy hops in a beer without it seeming like I'm washing down grass clippings from my lawn (and the joke's on you: I decided not to mow my lawn last weekend).

6.5% alcohol, so if I'm brave enough to have another, I will gradually start to care less and less about the hops.

I am hoping that a delivery arrives in time for the weekend. We are told it should be coming tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to this; we've ordered four different beers (5 litres of each) from breweries in the north-east of England. It so happens that my friend who lives in County Durham is not only an historian, but did her doctorate on the history of brewing in the region. She regards it as a professional obligation to keep on top of these things and sample any new beer that crops up from the growing number of new breweries. Her tips are proving most valuable.

I shall review these beers as and when...

I have bought some green tea, only used 1 teabag so far, it is an acquired taste. Now the temperature is dropping I want a hot drink at work but want to stay clear of caffeine because I already have trouble sleeping so don't want to have too much stimulant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom