Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this cider is from New Zealand and it is really good!
IMG_20210507_195241.jpg

The next Severn Brewing ale on the conveyor belt is Chocolate Stout. The first mouthful gives the impression of someone having squirted liquid chocolate into your mouth and throat and the thought occurs, "Is this going to be too overpowering?" But no. Soon, you get a distinct roasted taste and coffee. The chocolate sweetness recedes and what we have is a well-balanced stout. At 4.3%, it is suitable for a few repeats.

The next Severn Brewing ale on the conveyor belt is Chocolate Stout. The first mouthful gives the impression of someone having squirted liquid chocolate into your mouth and throat and the thought occurs, "Is this going to be too overpowering?" But no. Soon, you get a distinct roasted taste and coffee. The chocolate sweetness recedes and what we have is a well-balanced stout. At 4.3%, it is suitable for a few repeats.

View attachment 62827

I'm not a fan of chocolate but I've had several chocolate stouts from different breweries and I love them.

I'm not a fan of chocolate but I've had several chocolate stouts from different breweries and I love them.
I'm the same - I don't like chocolate much, although I don't mind a little dark, bitter one occasionally. On the subject of stouts, we came across a cherry stout from Tyne Bank brewery a while back. My thought was that I would either love it or hate it. Happily, the former was the case.

View attachment 62827

I love a good chocolate stout -- in the colder months. Can't drink it in August in Texas. Those subtle notes of cocoa and coffee are very pleasing.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom