Whatcha drinking (2024)?

Mr SSOAPs enjoying a post ride beer. Rooms have an attached garage (win cos no lugging gear) and a nice little private patio onto a courtyard.
IMG_2846.jpeg

I like the courtyard pathway and flooring. Soz off track I know.
IMG_2847.jpeg

Left my beer mat off the top for 10 seconds…

IMG_8359.jpeg

I said a toast to my FIL (may he rest in peace), repeated one of his favorite sayings (“That’s protein!), and swallowed it down! 🍻

Left my beer mat off the top for 10 seconds…

View attachment 113729

I said a toast to my FIL (may he rest in peace), repeated one of his favorite sayings (“That’s protein!), and swallowed it down! 🍻
Mr SSOAP said that multiple times yesterday, including "there was quite a lot of protein in that one" 😆

I have several Ardbegs in my scotch cabinet, and I visited the distillery several years ago - one of my favourite places.
I stayed on Islay for 3 days, back in 2001. What a wonderfully peaceful island. Well worth the trip to visit my square foot of land at Laphroaig. The food was unbelievable.

I stayed on Islay for 3 days, back in 2001. What a wonderfully peaceful island. Well worth the trip to visit my square foot of land at Laphroaig. The food was unbelievable.
We visited in 2016. We were there during Feis Ile, their annual festival of scotch on the island.

10 days, 8 different distilleries, and we crammed in 22 events/tastings/dinners. I even managed to sample a couple of drams that were older than me (much easier back then!) My poor liver may never forgive me but it was worth it!
IMG_1717.jpeg

Here’s a photo I took just outside the door of the place we stayed.

Back
Top Bottom