Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A classic French 75:

I may enter this in the current challenge, I’m not sure yet. I mainly made it because I wanted to use my new champagne coupes.

Love the coupe!
Thanks! I’ve been meaning to get a set for a while. I hate, and I mean I truly hate, the stemless flutes we have now.

These were on clearance at the grocery store, of all places, so they’re no great shakes, but I got four of them for $10, so I couldn’t say no.

I’m now going to embrace my inner Gatsby!

24F8D0B8-0C21-4B6C-B833-B9F0BDAE02EC.jpeg

Rush Canadian Ale…at YYZ airport. The band Rush released the song “YYZ” the year I graduated from high school, naming the song after the Toronto airport. Rush, one of my favorite bands of all time, was one of the few to have all their members graduate from college. Smart band, so I figured they’d put their name on a good beer. This is indeed a solid beer, hopped like a lager, but brewed as an ale.

The bad news? We can’t find a Tim Horton’s anywhere in this terminal. Those of us from Canada or near the Canadian border know how traumatic this is…really looking forward to a cup of their coffee. There is a Starbucks, though…booooo!

Which bitters? I just picked up some toasted almond bitters to mix up our Old Fashioneds. Colleen was very impressed with it.
I missed a bit about the bitters. Nice touch, TastyReuben. I’ve only used Angastora bitters, and only for Old Fashioneds. When I get back home, I’m going to start a thread on Old Fashioned…there are some variations, all of them good, though I have my favorites (usually Rye Whiskey, orange slice, sugar rolled around the inside of the glass with an ice cube to dissolve…no cherries).

I missed a bit about the bitters. Nice touch, TastyReuben. I’ve only used Angastora bitters, and only for Old Fashioneds. When I get back home, I’m going to start a thread on Old Fashioned…there are some variations, all of them good, though I have my favorites (usually Rye Whiskey, orange slice, sugar rolled around the inside of the glass with an ice cube to dissolve…no cherries).

I make really good one. Good ingredients, make you own simple syrup. I use a dark cane, unfiltered sugar. Works great

My TikTok old fashioned video lol

Bill on TikTok

I make really good one. Good ingredients, make you own simple syrup. I use a dark cane, unfiltered sugar. Works great
Yes…simple syrup is better than dissolving sugar in the glass. I remember you mentioned making your own (probably way back on this thread). Something I need to start doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom