Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoy a Sauvignon Blanc, but prefer Chilean and Argentinian brands over New Zealand, Australian, Californian and South African offers. I find the latter way too sweet, lacking the acidity and taste of freshly mown grass.

The Kendall-Jackson Sauvignon Blanc is a slow sipper. It is not sweet. It has a sharp acidity (as you call it), a dry bite that distinguishes it from sweet wines. I do prefer Cabernets for red wines, but for white wine, there are a couple preferences. Sweet white wines are Rieslings and Gewurtztraminers. But the dry whites come in many varieties, Sauvignon Blanc being only one of those that I would rank under preferences.

As I have said, the Kendall-Jackson Sauvignon Blanc is a fine 'slow sipper', a very good dry white wine.

I wonder why they call such wines dry?

I really enjoy a Sauvignon Blanc, but prefer Chilean and Argentinian brands over New Zealand, Australian, Californian and South African offers. I find the latter way too sweet, lacking the acidity and taste of freshly mown grass.

I agree. What about French? This was Chateau Mezain Sauvignon (Bordeaux):

I really like this flavor of cider but it wouldn't hurt if it had alcohol :laugh:
1649665359225.png

Not if you are mixing Maker's with Diet Coke. :stop:
Did you not practically see his tongue poking through his cheek? Sarcasm.

I'm drinking coffee and water at the moment. Last night was Buckeye vodka and cranberry juice. Not sure what I will be drinking tonight, probably beer to go with the chili. I know MIL would faint if she knew that I wasn't cooking her baby boy a decent Easter feast, but hey, I did buy him sushi takeout last night so he's fine with it.

Trying something a bit different as far as Bacardi is concerned: an 8yr finished in Sherry cask.
View attachment 82851
The good old cork sniff confirms the hint of sherry, as does the nosing on the glass after a brief swirl. Additional scents include raisins and citrus. There may be more, but I'm recovering from a sinus infection so I'm not on my A-game lol.
Allowing the swirl to settle displays some legs to the rum as it settles back into the base of the glass.
Tasting the rum adds vanilla to the notes hinted at in the nosing. At 80proof, this is a pleasant neat sipper without invoking the pirate face (or burn) that a higher proof rum would.

Side note, I'm thinking of starting to write/record tastings like this, any thoughts or tips?
Can you take photos on your phone and add captions? That would be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom