Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried the peated whiskies from the Bruichladdich distilleries Octomore series?
They are the most heavily peated going.
Can´t say I have, and that´s a great recommendation. I used to be able to buy single malts easily, but over the past 10 years or so, the local market has dried up. However, I´ve seen some of the above in the supermarkets here in London.
This week´s challenge? But some and drink some!
Years ago, the "peat" rating would have been (1) Ardbeg (2) Laphroaig (3) Lagavullin. Bowmore, Bruichladdich and Bunnahaban were way down on the scale. Then, gradually, more single malts from Islay began to appear: Caol Ila, Port Charlotte and (not sure about this) I believe even Port Ellen - so I´ve got sort of out of step.

Can´t say I have, and that´s a great recommendation. I used to be able to buy single malts easily, but over the past 10 years or so, the local market has dried up. However, I´ve seen some of the above in the supermarkets here in London.
This week´s challenge? But some and drink some!
Years ago, the "peat" rating would have been (1) Ardbeg (2) Laphroaig (3) Lagavullin. Bowmore, Bruichladdich and Bunnahaban were way down on the scale. Then, gradually, more single malts from Islay began to appear: Caol Ila, Port Charlotte and (not sure about this) I believe even Port Ellen - so I´ve got sort of out of step.
If you are in London you have to head over to one of The Whisky Exchange shops (London Bridge or Covent Garden. Awesome shops and (if they are still allowed to cause of covid) they are happy to let you sample a few drams to help you make up your mind.

Last edited:
I really, really, really want to find this beer (with the original contents):

Ukrainian brewery makes Molotov cocktails in anti-Putin beer bottles

ukrainian-brewery-makes-molotov-cocktails-in-anti-putin-beer-bottles.webp

Champagne again, sigh. My last bottle from the batch I bought in late December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom