Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like peaty and smokey whiskies, try a good Ledaig or a Tobermory.

90 percent of the stuff I drink is single cask and full cask strength. There are some lovely whiskies out there.

I've had a few Speyside scotches before. They are usually a little sweeter than what I like. I'm curious to hear your review of it. When I have a scotch I prefer them from Islay. The higher the peat content the better.
Have you tried the peated whiskies from the Bruichladdich distilleries Octomore series?
They are the most heavily peated going.

Have you tried the peated whiskies from the Bruichladdich distilleries Octomore series?
They are the most heavily peated going.

I believe that's where the Port Charlotte heavily peated is from. This is one of my favorite bottles

I believe that's where the Port Charlotte heavily peated is from. This is one of my favorite bottles

View attachment 81448
Yes it is. Great drink at a great price. I've had many bottles.
Port Charlotte is 40 ppm (parts per million) on the peat.. That's classed as heavily peated, Octomore its around the 228 ppm mark.

I have no idea where this came from or how long I’ve had it, but it’s what we’re having tonight with supper:

I have no idea where this came from or how long I’ve had it, but it’s what we’re having tonight with supper:

View attachment 81617
My SIL has glasses like these that she brought back from Germany and I felt so bad, I tripped and broke one of them :facepalm:
And side note: I can see that beautiful set table in the background :)

My SIL has glasses like these that she brought back from Germany and I felt so bad, I tripped and broke one of them :facepalm:
And side note: I can see that beautiful set table in the background :)
We have the two sets, bought at two different restaurants, but imported from Germany. They’re not hard to get, but if I break one, I better already have a bag packed.

…and we also ate supper on tray tables in the living room. Since I’d just set the table, I asked MrsT if she wanted to eat there:

“What? The table?! No!”

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom