Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been buying Plantation Rum lately. I'd not had it until about a year ago and it's very nice. It's from Barbados and is about the same price as the Appleton Estate. I never really drank rum until I went to Cuba a few years ago and tried a few of the older, dark rums. I like the seven-year-old Havana Club, but I would imagine you're not allowed to get Cuban rum in the US.

Nope, no Cuban rum, no Cuban cigars. :headshake:

I like cuban cigars.

CD

Every year at Xmas myself and two great friends who I've known for over 30 years get together for a night of drinking. These two guys are two of the guys that were my customers, I approached them in 91 when thinking about starting my own company. I asked them if they would support me by giving me work and buying off me. They both stood by their word and quickly became my mentors and good friends. We met at a pub and they both drink Guinness so I went with the flow. 3 Guinness $33 a round. I got an uber home about 5 hrs later, I'm a bit hung over today. It was a great night with a lot of laughs. One of them was a successful gold miner who is rich as. He lives in the heart of merivale, the flash suburb. He bought his neighbours house, and put a tennis court on it. But down to earth and a great guy.

Russ

This weekend's guest beer in the Mallard Tavern is Welsh Pride from Conwy brewery in North Wales. It's a copper-coloured bitter that has a slightly malty and fruity taste to begin with, but hits you with a rather pleasing hoppy bitterness soon after. Nicely balanced and while it doesn't have any really strong notes, it's a refreshing beer. At 4.2%, it's a little stronger than a session ale, but just about falls within that category.

The opening of a new minipin last night. This time, Hopkandi from Yeovil Ales. Despite the appalling name, this is a really nice beer. It is pale, with a citrus tang and a good bitterness. It's 3.8%, so definitely in the session beer range. Excellent stuff.

We were going to leave our second minipin of Yeovil Ales beer for tonight, but it was so cold last night we decided beer was needed.

This one is Summerset, a 4.1% pale beer that has a very hoppy fruit tang to it, quite orangey in fact. Hardly a winter warmer, probably more a summer ale, but very refreshing and very good, so who's complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom