Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You drink your tea very milky compared to me - I know you also drink P.G. Tips which I drink. I brew it long and strong and add only a splash of semi skimmed milk.
I usually use half-n-half (mix of half single cream and half whole milk).

What I like to do in the mornings is brew a pot, and then pour a cup that's half tea and half dairy, then drink about half of that, then hotten my cup with more tea, drink half, more tea, and so on, and by the time I pour the last bit, it's mostly tea and very little dairy.

There was a special tea we made back in the 70's from specific mushrooms, or was it stems?:facepalm:

There was park in Farnham where I used to work where they grew wild. Much frequented by youth, who took an unexpected interest in foraging at certain times of year.

:eek: That's not tea... :)
If you consider the average tea:dairy ratio over the entire pot, it works out. :okay:

Right now I'm in the office for the first time in two months. Here's my tea setup (minus the kettle):
D9068AC4-6CBA-4E4F-B496-0EE660EC991D.jpeg

Note I'm drinking my tea black. We don't stock any liquid dairy, so I have to provide my own, and I forgot it.

There was park in Farnham where I used to work where they grew wild. Much frequented by youth, who took an unexpected interest in foraging at certain times of year.

I was a boss at a company years ago, I got called into work one Sunday afternoon. A welder had taken datura? Sp?? A mushroom brew? And was off his face. He was at work welding steel trusses. He had jumped the fence and was working, he thought it was Monday. I took him home. We didn't see him for another two days.lol.

Russ

Sam Adams Coffee Pale Ale.

@MypinchofItaly - this is the beer from the "My Plans Today" topic. It's very good, actually, and I'm generally not too thrilled with coffee-flavored foods or drinks (except coffee itself). The coffee notes hit right up front, but decay quickly before becoming too prevalent and overpowering. Very smooth and not too bitter finish.
C14B307D-397C-445B-B668-06B7F1C00D35.jpeg

A rare cup of morning coffee at the house.

I'll sometimes have a cup at night, depending on what my nighttime treat is, and I'll usually drink coffee when we go out for breakfast because no restaurant here can make a proper cup of tea.

We got a new little cheapie autodrip coffee maker, and buying into the pour-over coffee fad that's nearly past, it's set up to do pour-over coffees.

On top of that, when we were on holiday in the UK, the house rental came with a gift basket that included some coffee, so we brought that back with us. May as well use it.

So...my verdict on pour-over coffee: it tastes like a cup of coffee. Imagine that! I've slowly poured boiled water over coffee grounds in stages and let it drip into a carafe, and it tastes exactly like I'd just filled the basket with coffee, filled the maker with water, pressed the button and walked away for five minutes, as opposed to standing there boiling and dribbling water over the grounds myself, which took about 10 minutes.

In the end, the ritual is kind of fun, and I do like my rituals, but I'm not a coffee-head, so when I do want the rare cup of morning coffee at home...I'll use the Keurig and a pod and be done with it in 30 seconds.

Sorry to say that I really dislike beer and fruit mixes. There are a lot of Belgian beers that do that. I note that this one is from England!
It might sound obvious, but I like the good ones.

Sam Smith's - probably my favorite all-around British brewer, but this one is overly sweet. Barely any of the beer flavor comes through. Something that's lightly fruited can taste really nice on a summer's day, but this is thickly and sickly sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom