Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup of tea with a stroopwaffel.
CC4D2E0D-70DD-4D53-8BAB-9BD6C3E498C3.jpeg

I love all the oddball names of ales - we get some great ones in the UK too.
A lot of things that come out of Dayton trade on the name "trolley" - a large part of Dayton's public transport system is made up of trolleybuses, and there are only something like four or five cities left in the US that still use them, so trolleys are associated with the city.

2019-07-31 11.24.09.jpg

When we went out to brunch Sunday, I couldn't decide what beer I wanted to try so I decided to try their flight of 4 beers for $10. Well, Craig had to help me drink them because I never figured the glasses would be that big. There was over a cup in each of them. I'm good if I get 1 regular sized beer down. Did find a brand new beer that I really liked, though I wasn't sure about it from the description since it's heavier than I normally drink. I'm usually a really light colored to a fairly light amber type of beer drinker. Two of them are the restaurant's own, i.e. Royal Pig Pub.

From left to right
Royal Pig IPA
Fat Tire Amber Ale
Royal Pig Red Ale
Kentucky bourbon barrel ale - this was the really good one.

You can see Craig's Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen in the background.

Last edited:
Is the boot a regional thing, nothing vaguely like it around here.?

Russ

Popular at German-American restaurants and Biergartens. In German the word "boot" means boat. There is a movie "Das Boot" about a WWII u-boat. The language is German with English subtitles. The captain of the u-boot (Jurgen Prochnow) also played Duke Leto Atreides in a version of Dune.

We bought several of these cute little flavored liqueurs when we visited the Tiptree factory store in May. They come in their own jam jar for mixing.
1F713BCE-2DD3-4BB1-A49C-2A133065AAE6.jpeg

Popular at German-American restaurants and Biergartens. In German the word "boot" means boat. There is a movie "Das Boot" about a WWII u-boat. The language is German with English subtitles. The captain of the u-boot (Jurgen Prochnow) also played Duke Leto Atreides in a version of Dune.

Yeah I've watched that film 2 or 3 times. I studied French and German so I knew the word boot aka boat. Just never seen the connection of a boot as a stein?

Russ

Yeah I've watched that film 2 or 3 times. I studied French and German so I knew the word boot aka boat. Just never seen the connection of a boot as a stein?

Russ
You need to see the movie Beerfest. It'll explain everything. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom